7

I groaned as my eyes fluttered open, my massive headache was settling in. I laid there for a minute, trying to figure out if I was going to puke or if my headache was really just that bad.
The bedroom door swung open as I was scrolling through my phone, revealing Nick with a bag in his hand.
"I brought Mcdonalds's" He handed it over. "And advil and water."
"Oh my god" I took a bite out of my mcgriddle. "Thanks Nicky"
"No prob." He smiled, sitting down next to me. "Feeling okay?"
"I feel like shit to be honest." I laughed. "I remember why I don't drink now."
"Can we actually talk about that?" He questioned, turning his body to face mine.
"I'm sorry I got super drunk and acted like an idiot, you shouldn't have to worry about me like that"
"That's the thing Zoe. I'm always going to worry about you like that. Not just because I care about you, but because I love you."
He was looking down at his fidgety hands, so I could tel he was nervous.
"I love you too Nick"
"But when I say it, I mean it as more than a friend. I don't think you do"
"I do actually. A lot. It's just...."
"Complicated, I know." He sighed.
"How long have you felt like this?" I looked over at him and our eyes locked.
"Um... I guess I really figured out I felt the way I did about freshman year. About when you and Ryland first started talking. I couldn't figure out why I got so jealous seeing you too but if finally clicked."
"And it took you this long to tell me Nick?"
"To be fair you didn't tell me either." He laughed.
"Fair enough." I giggled. "So... what now?"
"Now... I kiss you."
"Wait! Hold on!" I exclaimed, jumping up from the bed. "I should probably brush my teeth first.
Nick laughed and I ran into the bathroom.
Upon my return, Nick was laying on the bed with his arms behind his neck. He looked so hot. Yeah, it feels good to finally be able to say that.
I walked over and laid beside him, draping my leg over his and wrapping my arm around his torso. In return, he wrapped his arm around my back, centimeters away from his hand being on my ass. He tilted my chin up with his index finger, looking me in the eye and connecting our lips. The kiss started off slow and sweet, and soon deepened when I pulled my body on top of his. Nick's hands were underneath my shirt, slowly pulling it over my head when the bedroom door was opened by a stranger who caused us to quickly pull apart.
"Hey Nick I think I left my- wait you have a girlfriend?" I'd never seen this girl before.
"Huh? No I don't have a girlfriend." Nick replied, creating even more space between our bodies, hurting my feelings in the process.
"So you sleep with me and then the next morning you have another girl in your bed?" She laughed, obviously not finding it funny. "You're a pig."
She slammed the door, leaving whatever she had left behind.
I looked over at Nick, who was obviously caught in an enormous lie. Guilt was written all over his face. The smile on his face was no longer, his eyes looked sad, almost begging for forgiveness already.
"Zoe just listen-"
"No."