84

100k reads?!!!! You guys🥺🥺🥺 Thank you so much!!! I'm crying that's so crazy!!!

The next few weeks went by fast, and before I knew it, it had been over a month.
So far, the only ones that knew we were married were Nick & I, and then Ryland.
We weren't exactly hiding it, considering that nothing about how we portrayed our relationship had changed, we just wanted to navigate this new part of our relationship a little more before coming out to the world with the news.
The only thing that had changed though is that Nick and I now share a bedroom. It was financially a better decision because we slept together every night anyway.
I woke up this morning next to my husband. I never got tired of saying that. He was already awake and watching Netflix, so I cuddled up to his chest, not ready to get up just yet.
"Morning baby" He said in his sexy morning voice.
"Morning" I muffled into his chest.
"What are you doing today?" He asked.
"Coffee with Jaden in a little while then nothing much." I said. "You?"
"Nothing much, just gotta run a couple errands"
"You've been running a lot of errands lately" I suspiciously said. "I was thinking, today being one month of marriage and all.... maybe we should tell everyone."
"You really wanna tell Jaden don't you?" He laughed.
"You already know when I see him I'm gonna spill it as soon as I have the chance" I giggled.
"Let's do it, wife" He smirked.
"After that, we really gotta get wedding bands too sometime"
"Name the day and we'll make it happen"
I kissed his cheek before getting up and showering, throwing on some clothes for the day and quickly getting ready.
I texted Jaden I was on the way and headed to the usual spot.
When I got there, he was already sitting there with our orders.
"Hey" I smiled, reaching down and quickly hugging him.
"Hey, the ring?" He grabbed my hand and inspected the diamond on my ring finger.
I smiled wide.
"That's an expensive promise ring" He eyed it once again before I sat down.
"Yeah well... We kind of got married."
"NO?" His eyes widened at me.
"Let me fill you in before your eyes pop out of your head" I laughed.
I told him the whole story, not forgetting a single detail, and his eyes slowly softened and shoulders relaxed.
"That's gonna be a funny story to tell your kids" Jaden laughed.
"So you're not gonna tell me it was stupid and that I ruined my life?"
"Why would I do that?" He scrunched his nose. "It was going to happen one way or another, Zoey. I'm really happy for you even if I didn't get to be the best man"
"Maybe we'll have a real wedding one day" I smiled.
"Does anyone else know?"
"Just you and Ryland. The plan is to tell everyone else tonight"
"Are you guys looking for your own place?"
"Honestly... We haven't even had time to thing that far ahead. Right now I think we're happy where we're at."
"Cool" He nodded, and continued the conversation to something else.
We've missed our last few coffee meet-ups because he's been in the studio non-stop. We still manage to text or FaceTime every now and then, but sometimes you just need some friend time face-to-face.

After coffee, Jaden and I decided to walk around a little and maybe do some shopping.
We came across this bridal boutique.
"You should go inside and try some dresses on" He pointed toward the store.
"That kind of defeats the purpose now" I laughed.
"Eh, lets do it. It could be fun" He shrugged.
I agreed, and followed him inside.
I pretended like I was wedding dress shopping and an attendant helped me pick some dresses. I followed her into a dressing room and she put me in a dress. It was a long sleeve, v-neck lace dress. It was tight in all the right places and the train was beautiful. Lace from head to toe. I looked in the mirror and couldn't help but tear up. Fake wedding or not, my mom should be here. I missed her.
"Miss?" The attendant asked. "Do you want to show this one to your friend?"
I cleared my throat and pushed back my tears. "Yes, please"
I carefully around the corner to where Jaden was sitting and I saw his eyes light up.
I stepped up on the platform and looked at myself in the big mirror.
"This is perfect" I stared at it intently, feeling of the lace.
"You look amazing, Zoe"
"I kinda wanna buy it just because" I laughed.
"How much is it?" Jaden asked.
The attendant looked at the price tag and said, "$4,500"
I mouthed "Holy shit" to Jaden.
"Yeah.. I may have to come back for it" I giggled.
I followed her back into the fitting room and she helped me get out of the dress, and I changed back into my regular clothes.
They didn't have the same affect on me as that dress did, but I was not paying that much for a damn wedding dress.

After some more real shopping, I said my goodbyes to Jaden and made my way back home.
When I walked in, everyone was sitting around the couches so it was the perfect time for a little confrontation.
"Hey guys" I smiled, sitting next to Nick.
"How was your day?" Nick asked, pecking my lips.
"Pretty good, what about you?"
"No complaints." He smiled. "Hey everyone, can y'all listen up?"
Everyone looked up at Nick, quieting down.
"I really don't know how to say this the right way but um, Zoey and I are married."
"Huh?" Thomas half-laughed.
Nick filled them in on our weekend away, and didn't spare any details, catching them up to speed.
"Damnnnn" Chase laughed. "Happy for y'all though"
I smiled at him.
"So you're moving out?" Thomas asked.
"We haven't thought that far ahead" I said.
He nodded. "Congrats guys"
Everyone congratulated us, or said "What the fuck" which like, same.
"Are you guys planning on having an actual wedding though?" Kouvr asked.
"Maybe some day" I shrugged.
Ryland and Nick exchanged a weird glance but I didn't really know what that was all about so I ignored it.

After the whole marriage bomb died down, everyone decided that they were going to have a little party, but Nick and I being the boring married couple we are, decided movies and takeout in bed sounded like a better idea. And honestly, I wouldn't change a thing.
"Happy one month of marriage my love" I cupped his face and kissed his lips.
"I love you" He smiled back.