4

I was awakened the next morning by someone shaking me. I fluttered my eyes opened and saw that it was Nick.
"Get up. Ryland's waiting on you. " He rolled his eyes.
I nodded in response and quickly got up and threw some clothes on. I decided on a champion sweatshirt, some jean shorts, and some air forces. I brushed my teeth and did my quick skincare routine. My hair was wavy-ish so I just let it be and skipped makeup since it was just breakfast after all. I walked out of Nick's room and around the corner to the living room.
"Morning. " Ryland smiled, bringing me into a quick hug.
"Morning Ry. " I smiled.
"The usual for breakfast?" He asked.
I nodded.
"I'm coming with. " Nick replied, walking to the front door.
"Someone's in a mood. " Ryland whispered to me, earning an eye roll from Nick and a giggle from me.

We were currently sitting in Mcdonald's like we used to every Saturday morning when we were in high school. It was usually their hangover cure. I was sipping on my smoothie since I had already finished my food and no one was speaking.
"Why is no one talking?" I spoke up.
"Eating. " Nick bluntly said.
"Awkward. " Ryland laughed.
"Why did you guys get back together?" Nick interrupted.
"What do you mean?" Ryland questioned.
"I thought you were talking to that girl? Uh what was her name again, Cam?" Nick asked.
Ryland processed what he said for a minute before speaking again. Shit, we didn't think this through.
"Uh, it didn't work out." Ryland mumbled.
"Weird because I saw her all over you at the party last night. "
"No you didn't. " Ryland defended.
"I know what I saw Ry. "
Ryland and I both looked at each other like what the fuck do we do now.
"Why are you so worried about it anyway Nick?" I asked, annoyed.
"Just trying to look out for you. Jesus Zoe, what the hell is your problem? Are you ever going to forgive me or are you just going to be a bitch to me forever?" He raised his voice.
"No, Nick. I actually didn't plan on being a 'bitch' to you forever. Yeah my feelings are hurt because you were my best fucking friend Nick and you forgot my birthday and it fucking hurt. I'm done I can't do this shit. " I got up from the table dramatically. "I'm going back home. Oh and I'm not back together with Ryland. I thought that you'd maybe finally admit
you love me. Love me as more than a friend but apparently I had it wrong but I don't care anymore. Have fun with your new life. " I yelled. In the middle of Mcdonald's.
"Wait Zoey-" Nick pleaded.
"I'm calling an uber and going back. Then I'm packing my shit and leaving. Don't talk to me. "