99

"Are you sure this is what you want?" Sherry asked, again.
"Yes" I replied.
"Okay, honey. If this is what you want" My mom reassured, exchanging glances with Nick's mom.
"Jaden, I'm trusting you to get her to the airport safe and sound. Take care of my baby, please." My mom softly said.
"Yes ma'am." He replied, looking down at my and forcing a smile.
"I'll take care of everything." My mom said. "I'll make sure your bags are packed from your things at home-"
"Old home" I interrupted her, before apologizing with my facial expressions.
"As I was saying, I'll have a suitcase or two packed for you to take with you. You'll just have to say good bye to everything else, I'm afraid. Just worry about getting a good night's sleep."
"Okay" I replied. "I love you, moms"
"Love you honey" My mom smiled, adjusting her glasses, looking at her laptop.
"Love you Zoey girl" Nick's mom blew a kiss at me.

Jaden followed me into my room at my mom's sitting down on the bed as I threw my hair up into a bun.
"Zoey, you're making decisions so fast, take a minute to stop and think if this is what you really want."
"Jaden, I've never been more sure of anything in my life. I've let everyone else influence or make my decisions for me the past year and if there was a time to start making my own, now is it."
"I'm just gonna miss you so much" He pouted.
"You have no idea how much I'm going to miss you" I pouted back. "But Hawaii is just a six hour plane ride away. Come visit anytime you want"
"I'll remember that. And you'll call or text me everyday?"
"Promise" I held my pinky out, to which Jaden interlocked his with mine.
"Okay. Well, I'll be back at 6am to pick you up."
"Okay. Thank you again, for everything. And please, don't tell anyone until after I leave tomorrow."
He nodded and smiled on his way out of my room, disappearing into the hallway.
I got in bed, covering myself with the blanket and turning my lamp off, leaving myself to darkness and my inner thoughts.
Is this really what I want?
I mean, there's nothing left here for me. This seems like the cowardly way to do it, but it's for the best.
I mean, I'll be living in Hawaii. Most people would dream of that.
It's not everyday that your mom gets you your dream job in your dream location through her connections.

I eventually let my thoughts rest, which in return let my body rest.
The next thing I knew, my alarm was beeping.
5am.
After everything was ready to go, I said goodbye to my mom. It wasn't even easy goodbye, but I knew she would visit.
The front door quietly opened, revealing a messy-haired Jaden.
"Morning" He smirked.
"Morning" We both replied.
"Ready to go?" He asked.
I nodded, hugging my mom tight one last time.
I grabbed one suitcase, Jaden grabbing the other.
The elevator ride down to the parking deck was silent.
We loaded up his car and began the journey to the airport, Jaden playing music on the way.
"Is this our playlist?" I asked, my eyes widening and face peeking up.
"Sure is, turn it up" He laughed.
We jammed out the whole ride to the airport, windows down and sunroof open.
I needed this one last happy memory.
The truth is, I told him that this job was only for a year, but I lied. I had no intentions of coming back to LA, much less California anytime soon. Maybe not ever, so I needed to soak this moment up.

"Well... we're here." He sighed, parking the car.
I took a deep breath before getting out and taking my luggage.
Jaden walked me inside and sat with me before it was time to board my plane.
My flight was called over the intercom signaling that it was my time to go.
"I guess this is it" Jaden said, teary-eyed.
"I'll see you later, Hossler" I wiped his tear, hugging him tight.
"Let me know when you make it. Love you Zoe"
"I love you too" I muffled. "You gotta let me go now though"
We both giggled, letting go of each other. I grabbed my things and rolled them toward the line that was formed, refusing to look back. I didn't want to cry until I was alone.
I put my ear buds in, playing my sad playlist to kill some time and wait for the line to clear.

NICK'S POV
"Dude keep up we're gonna miss her" I sprinted, yelling at Ryland behind me to catch up. I had one last chance to stop Zoey from leaving for good.
I had to be close because I saw Jaden walking toward me.
"She is in line to board now. It's now or never." He said.
I nodded and started sprinting toward the line.
"Sir, can I see your ticket, please?" An attendant asked.
"I- um, I don't have one. Please I need to stop her from leaving, thats my- that's my wife. Please" I begged.
He looked at me, and then at Zoey in line. He looked away, signaling for me to go.
I wasted no time and started yelling.
"Zoey!"
She didn't turn around.
"ZOEY!" I yelled louder. "Please let me explain! I loved you then and I love you now! Please don't get on that plane Zoey, please stay here with me!"
She still didn't turn around, and I knew she was in earshot of me, because several people in line were giving me funny looks.
"Zoey, if you love me, if there's any chance of us fixing this, please get out of line and come home with me" I said, as a last-ditch effort.
By the time I looked up again, she was gone.
I lost her.
I lost the love of my life, and it's all my fault.

hehehehe.... just know this isn't the end ;)