38

"Are you sure you'll be okay while I'm gone? I really don't mind staying"
"Zoey, baby. Go" Nick reassured. "Have fun"
"Okay" I smiled. "I love you"
He pecked my lips and smiled back.
"I love you too"
I grabbed my purse and walked to the front door where Avani was waiting.
"Ready?" She asked, opening the door.
I nodded and followed her out to her car.
We drove to the mall listening to her playlist and having small talk, stopping at starbucks on the way.
We finally found a parking spot and she parked.
We walked inside the mall and stopped in Urban Outfitters first.
We both grabbed way too many clothes and went into separate dressing rooms.
I first tried on a dress Avani picked out.
"Eh I don't really like this one" I sighed, pulling the dress down a little.
"I don't like this one either" She said. "Walk out here and let me see yours"
I walked out and looked in the big mirror.
"Are you kidding me you look amazing!" I said.
"Not my style really" She blushed. "You, on the other hand, look beautiful ma'am"
"I feel like it's too girly, all the flowers and shit" I laughed.
"Absolutely not. You're getting it" She insisted. "And I'm buying"
"I will not let that happen this is $80!"
"I insist. Consider it a 'I'm sorry my friend was a bitch to you and almost ruined your relationship' gift"
I laughed. "To be fair, Nick ruined it not Amelie. I would've acted the same way if I were her"
"Ugh you're too nice Zoey she was definitely being a bitch. I really am sorry though, and I really do want to be your friend"
"Same here." I smiled.

After spending way too much money at Urban, we went into a couple other stores and literally shopped til we dropped. Avani even dragged me into a store and insisted I buy lingerie, and to be honest I felt like a bad bitch in some of it so I considered it a win. I'm sure Nick will too.
We walked out of the mall, shopping bags in hand, and threw them in the back seat, getting in the car.
"Okay so... I might have had ulterior motives for asking you to come shopping today.." Avani said.
"Oh?" I was kinda shocked.
"I kinda told Amelie that I would get dinner with her but she doesn't know you're with me. I thought maybe I could force you guys to friends but now that I'm about to do it, it doesn't sound like a great idea."
"Shit Avani." I face palmed. "This can't go good."
The car ride to the restaurant was kind of silent, mostly because Avani knew I was annoyed with her. I decided to check in on Nick.
Me
How's everything going?
Nick
Good just hanging out with the boys. How was the mall?
Me
Good i have surprises :)) Avani is forcing me to go to dinner with Amelie though ugh
Nick
Wait why??
Me
Something about us being friends maybe but I can't see that happening
Nick
I have a bad feeling about this Zoe....
Me
Me too. I'll be okay though. I can't wait to come home to you ;)
Nick
Can't wait <33

I looked up and realized we were parked outside of the restaurant.
"Ready to go in?" Avani looked kinda nervous.
I nodded, getting out of the car and following her inside.
I saw Amelie sitting at a table alone and we walked over, Amelie's face dropping as soon as she saw me.
"What is she doing here?" She scoffed.
"To make peace." Avani sat down and I sat down right beside her. "You guys are both my friends and I cannot let you guys hate each other over a boy."
We all sat there in silence.
We ordered our drinks and food and no one had spoken up yet.
"So I guess I'll start." I cleared my throat. "I didn't even know you existed before Cancun and the whole thing threw my for a loop and I'm genuinely sorry if you got hurt in the process. The last thing that I would want is to have beef with someone over a guy."
"I'm pregnant"