56

"So is someone going to speak the fuck up or are we just going to stare at each other?" Nick asked after a minute.
"I- uh-"
"Yeah, Zoey, do you have anything to say?" Jaden asked, crossing his arms.
I stared back and forth between Jaden and Nick, eyes glazed and my heart beating out of my chest. Josh's eyes were wide and he was in shock.
"I'm waiting" Jaden said.
"You know... I don't owe either of you an explanation." I said, gaining my confidence back. "Yeah, I slept with Nick out of a moment of weakness and no, I don't regret it. I slept with Jaden because it felt right, and no, I don't regret it. But I won't let either or you slut shame me or make me feel guilty about it.  And Jaden, I'm really sorry I didn't tell you before and I understand if that changes things for us."
"I need a minute." Jaden said, grabbing his phone and walking out of the hotel suite.
"Hey Josh, can we talk alone for a minute?" Nick asked, sitting down on the couch.
"Yeah sure, I'll uh- go find Jaden."
I sat down on the chair across from Nick.
"Nick I'm sorry."
"Sorry?"
"I'm sorry you came all the way here and I made you look stupid. That was never my intention. I also never had intentions of sleeping with Jaden. He's just been my rock since me and you ended things and I don't know maybe I looked too much into it but-"
"Zoey." Nick placed his hand on my thigh. "You don't owe me any explanations. How I feel about you isn't changing no matter what you do. I'll wait as long as I have to. Besides, you're single. You can do whatever you want."
I sighed, letting out my deep breath I had been holding for way too long.
"Nick I love you." I smiled. "Maybe when you heal from your trauma, and I deal with my stuff, our paths will cross again?"
"For sure. In the mean time, things don't have to be awkward when we see each other around. After all, I am the superior best friend of all time."
"Always." I reached over and hugged him. "You should stay and have fun with us."
"No it'll probably be too awkward. I might catch up with Josh and see if he wants to hang for a bit but you should definitely talk to Jaden, he seemed really hurt."
I nodded in agreement, getting up from the couch and following him out the door to find Jaden and Josh.