50

The next couple weeks dragged by.

And the next couple months...

And then suddenly it was five months later.

Amelie had her baby today.

But things had changed not only for Nick, but for me too.

"Hey, babe. Can you throw me my keys? My meeting is in thirty minutes and I really need to hurry."
"Yeah sure" I tossed them to him. "See you later?"
"Yeah. Bye beautiful" He pecked my lips and went on his way.
I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down at the kitchen island.

"Did Noah already leave?" Jaden asked, walking in and stealing my coffee.
I took it back from him. "Get your own coffee bitch. Yeah he just left"
"Damn he left his phone in the bathroom. Oh well"
He handed it to me and I sat it down on the counter.
"Wanna hang today?" Jaden asked. "We never get to anymore because you got a little boyfriend"
"One. He's not little, he could easily kick your ass. And two, yes I want to hangout. I'll be ready in an hour" I smiled, getting up and going to get ready.

As we were sitting outside of our favorite restaurant eating our food, I got my phone out to take a picture for my instagram story when Jaden snatched my phone.
"What the hell?" I whined, failing to reach for it back.
"No phones today ma'am, just quality best friend time."
"I've already seen it." I said, referring to Amelie's instagram post about the baby.
"Shit." He handed my phone back.
"Jaden I've moved on, really I'm fine."
"Zoey you cried for two days in your room when he randomly showed up at 3am that night and then not even a month later you're suddenly dating Noah Beck."
"How do you know Nick showed up that night?"
"Me and Josh may have watched through the blinds because your phone charger was literally plugged up in the living room and obviously whatever he did left you traumatized enough to cry it out for two days and then dye your hair brown."
"Wow you just read me like a fucking book." I cringed.
"That's what best friends are for." He shrugged.

After lunch, we went back home and decided we were going to get drunk and swim.
As I was pouring drinks, Jaden started laughing.
"What's funny?"
"Why did you text Noah knowing he left his phone here?"
"I didn't text Noah?"
"Oh... uh. Shit." Jaden gulped rather loud.
"What???" I turned around.
"Nothing"
"Jaden Hossler. Give me the phone."
"Fine. Don't hate me for this." He handed the phone over and my stomach dropped at what I saw.

Babygirl❤️
Hurry and finish with your meeting so you can come see me baby ;) I'm already waiting on you

"Look at this fucking picture." I turned the phone to Jaden.
He took one look and immediately looked away.
"I mean you could've told me she was naked."