23

I woke up the next morning in Jaden's arm. And no, we didn't.
I shot up when I heard rustling noises coming from downstairs. It sounded like someone was in the kitchen. I looked over at Jaden who's eyes were as wide as mine.
"What the hell is that?" He questioned.
I shrugged my shoulders.
I heard I pan slam down and we both screamed.
"I'm too scared to go downstairs, you go." I begged.
"Hell no." He shook his head. "Is your door locked?"
"Uh... no."
"Go do that!" He whisper yelled.
I slowly got up and tip-toed to the door and when I reached for the doorknob, it abruptly opened, causing me to fall to the ground and Jaden and I both to scream as loud as possible.
"What the fuck are you screaming for?" Nick laughed.
"What the fuck are you doing here?" I grunted, picking myself up off the floor.
"Uh I live here?" He joked. "Jaden?"
"Hey." Jaden rolled his eyes.
"What are you doing here? Plan on punching me again?"
"Act like a dick and I might."
"Chill." I sighed. "I just didn't think you were coming back."
"Me either but I forgot some stuff I needed." Nick said. "I won't bother you again though, sorry. You can continue with whatever you were doing."
He shut the door and left.
I walked back over to my bed and laid back down on my stomach.
"I hate him." I grunted into my pillow.
"Maybe I should go?" Jaden questioned.
"What the fuck, no?" I sat up and looked at him. "He's probably getting his stuff and then leaving, don't pay any attention to him."
"Yeah but like it hit me when he walked in. He's always gonna play a big part in your life, dating him or not. I can't compete with that."
"Jaden I don't need you to compete with anything." I sympathized. "I like you because you're you."
"Can I ask you something?"
I nodded.
"Do you love him?"
"Jaden cmon."
"Just answer me, please."
"Yeah of course I love him, I've known him since literal birth."
"No, like are you in love with him?"
I didn't say anything.
Jaden looked at me and waited for me to say something, but I had nothing to say.
"I guess I have my answer."
"I'm sorry. I wish I didn't, trust me."
"Thats not something you should apologize for, I really should've known."
"It doesn't change how I feel about you though."
"I know, I just don't know if it's something I can get past though, you know? Like what if you and Nick are supposed to end up together and I'm the one in the way?"
"I get it. I'm sorry Jaden."
"Don't be. Friends?"
"Of course. We can still enjoy what little time we have together either way."
"True." He smiled. "Swimming?"
"Yep." I grinned. "You can change in here and i'll change in the bathroom."