36

Two days had passed and Nick and I hadn't left the bed often, considering walking wasn't in the question for him.
We've watched more movies, netflix, and documentaries than I ever cared to watch in my entire life.
I was beginning to get bored out of my mind, but Nick and I were finally getting quality time together so I wasn't complaining.
"Okay. As much as I love laying here with you, we need to get out of bed babe." I pushed off of Nick's chest and sat up.
"What can we do?" He questioned.
"Well... uhmm. Let me think." I tilted my head. "Wait! Let me make you dinner."
"Zoey, baby, you can't cook" He laughed.
"But I can follow a recipe." I defended. "Tell me your favorite food and I'll make it. Anything."
"Take a guess"
"Chicken parmesan and mac and cheese" I rolled my eyes playfully.
"Yep." He smiled. "Get to cooking babe"
I giggled, pecked his lips, and went to the kitchen.
Surprisingly, everything I needed was in the cabinets and fridge so I began getting everything out and ready to cook.

The chicken parmesan was in the oven cooking, and the noodles were boiling on the stove, so I got the cheese and everything else out that I needed. Nick hates Kraft mac and cheese so I'm making this shit by scratch.
After the noodles were done, I drained them and poured all the ingredients in, mixing it together until it was done and the cheese was melted.
I plated it all and sat the table, placing beers in front of our plates.
I went into Nick's room to get him to the table.
"Foods ready" I smiled, walking over to help him up.
"Is it edible?" He smirked.
"Judge for yourself, asshole."
With his arm around my shoulder and mine around his back, he wobbled into the kitchen and sat down at the chair, his broken leg sitting up on another chair. I sat across from him and watched him take his first bite.
He swallowed it, then looked up at me.
"This is actually really good" A smile formed on his face. "I'm proud"
"So you're gonna expect me to cook more often now?"
"For sure." He smiled. "How did I never know you could cook even after 19 years?"
"I didn't know either to be honest, I guess I never had to considering we ate take out every other night"
"True. I'll be okay if I never have to eat chinese food again"
"Oh my god." I fake barfed. "I can't even think about Chinese food anymore."
"Hey Zoey?" Nick tilted my chin up to make eye contact with me.
"Yes?" I questioned.
"I'm in love with you."
A large grin plastered all over my face.
"I'm so in love with you Nick Austin"