66

I woke up the next morning startled. There was yelling downstairs and Nick wasn't in my bed anymore so I quickly ran downstairs to see what the commotion was.
"What's going on- Jaden?"
"Hey baby." He smiled, walking over to hug me but I pushed him away. "What's wrong?"
"Why are you here?"
"I just wanted to surprise my beautiful girlfriend."
"You mean.. You wanted to come here to keep tabs on me so you didn't catch me talking to Nick."
"What! No- Have you talked to him?"
"Leave."
"What the fuck is going on?"
"Zoey, Nick, whats all this yelling? Oh, hey, Jaden. How are you honey?" My mom said, walking downstairs.
"Jaden. Leave." I demanded, pointing toward the door.
"Not until you tell me what's going on."
"Dude, just fucking leave." Nick glared.
"Zoey, what is this?" My mom interjected.
"Jaden thought it'd be a good idea to record him having sex with my unconscious body and then threaten Nick with it saying that if he didn't drop me out of his life that Jaden would expose it."
"Tell me that's a fucking lie, Zoey." My mom replied, very quickly reaching my anger level.
"What? No! Zoey, I would never do that. Nick is lying. I would never do that. I can't even believe you would accuse me of such a thing. Baby, I love you. I would never do anything to hurt you."
"Jaden. Stop lying. You already made you choose between you and my family and I don't know why that wasn't the last straw for me then. Just admit it already."
"It wasn't you in the video..." He said, looking at the floor since he was too ashamed to face me.
"So you cheated on her?" Nick asked.
"No. God no. It was an old video of Mads and I."
"So you keep a video of you and your ex-girlfriend to show other people? Do you know how twisted you have to be to do such a thing?" My mom glared.
"I- Uh. I didn't mean anything by it. I just see the way you and Nick look at each other and I wanted you to look at me that way. Zoey, I promise I didn't mean for you to find out."
"Can I talk to him alone please?" I asked, directing my attention toward my mom and Nick.
"I'm not leaving you alone with him." Nick declared.
I looked at my mom and she pulled Nick's arm, taking him outside with her.
"Jaden, I'm sorry. I just can't do this anymore. I can't let you control me anymore and I can't worry that if I try to leave the house that it's going to start an argument with you. I can't cut Nick or anyone else out of my life because you're insecure. I gave you everything Jaden, but I have nothing left to give."
"Baby." He grabbed my hands. "Please don't do this to me."
"I'm sorry." I sniffled. "I'll always have love for you, I just can't do this anymore. I hope you find someone you makes you incredibly happy because you deserve it. I'll have my stuff out of the house by the end of next week."
"Just know that I love you more than anything Zoey. Can you at least hug me one last time?"
"Sure." I sympathetically smiled, pulling him into a hug that lasted entirely too long.
"Bye Jaden. I'll see you around."
"Promise?"
"Promise."

Jaden left and that seemed like it went over entirely too smoothly, but like I guess there's nothing else you do when you get caught in a blatant lie.
I walked outside by the pool where my mom and Nick were.
"How did it go, honey?" My mom asked, patting her chair for me to sit beside her.
"Better than I had imagined. I broke up with him and I told him I'd have my stuff out by next week considering I can't live there anymore."
"I'm proud of you, baby." My mom smiled. "You're more than welcome to live with me."
"We kind of already decided she'd move back in the Hype House." Nick shrugged.
"I think that's a wonderful idea." She smiled.
"I love you guys so much." I smiled, putting my head on my mom's shoulder.
"Get over here Nick, it's group hug time!" My mom giggled.