93

"Morning Z" My mom smiled from the kitchen. "Sleep good?"
"On and off but mostly" I yawned. "Is that what I think it is?"
"If you're thinking chocolate chip pancakes, then you're exactly right" She turned around smiling after she flipped a pancake. "Take a seat"
I sat down on a stool at the kitchen counter and talked with her while she finished up breakfast.
She handed me a plate with three pancakes and I immediately started digging in. I hadn't eaten the day before, so I was making up for that now.

"That was amazing mom, thank you" I softly smiled toward her, cleaning up the last of the dishes from breakfast.
She sat down on the couch and patted the seat next to her, so I walked over and sat down.
"Yeah, I know. I gotta explain what's going on" I sighed, rolling my eyes, and tilting my head back.
My mom pursed her lips and nodded.
"First of all, sorry for showing up unannounced. I just really didn't have it in me to talk yesterday. This whole thing is really embarrassing..."
"You gotta tell someone at some point, Zoey. Keeping it bottled up isn't going to help anything"
"Fine. So, when we got back from the honeymoon, I thought I was pregnant so I made a doctor's appointment only to be told that I wasn't pregnant, but that I had an STD."
I watched my mom's eyes widen, obviously not expecting that.
"So I kept it to myself for a couple weeks until I eventually blew up and ask Nick who he cheated on me with. He denied it of course, and told me to take the time I needed to realize that. And of course he was right and It didn't take long. After five minutes of being at Jaden's he told me that he was in fact the one with the STD and that I just now started showing symptoms."
"Um, well give me a minute to process this" My mom sighed.

"Okay... how did Nick take that information?" She asked.
"Not too great. He wants space"
"Well then he deserves some space. I'm sure he feels hurt right now and especially that blaming him was your first move. I understand his hurt. Maybe give him a couple of days and then try reaching out, honey. You guys will be back to normal before long, I know that for sure."
"I hope so" I pouted.

My mom eventually went on about her day. I decided to stay in and take some time for myself until being alone got too boring. I hadn't had alone time in such a long time that I didn't know what to do with myself when I was now. I showered, put some loose curls in my hair and did some makeup. I decided on a black body con dress, the exact one I wore the night Nick and I got married the first time. Ouch. I took a picture in the mirror, and surprisingly, I looked really good. I posted it on instagram in hopes that Nick would see and think of that night just like I did.
Right after taking the picture, I took all my makeup off and changed into sweats, turning on the tv and watching something on Netflix.

I eventually woke up to my phone ringing right in my ear. I groaned.
"Hello?"
"Zoey you gotta come back home it's bad" Ryland said all panicky.
"Why?" I scrunched my eyes brows with my head still on the pillow.
"Just trust me on this one"
"What time is it even Ry?"
"It's 2:00"
"Am? You've lost your damn mind, nothing is that important"
"But Nick is" He was getting annoyed. "Please just come, if you don't things will get even worse"
My heart sank. What was wrong with Nick? My mind went from scenario to scenario, going to the worst possible.
"Zoey? Are you coming or not?"
"Yeah I'm on the way"