91

"Huh?" He half-laughed. "You're joking, right?"
"Does it look like I'm fucking joking?" I asked, sitting in front of a half-packed suitcase.
"I've been with you every single day, Zoey. I mean fuck, we sleep in the same bed and rarely spent time apart, and no- I'm not complaining one bit. I have no desire to be with anyone else much less when would I have time to do that?"
"Then why do I have an STD?"
"Wait, what?" His eyebrows became furrowed. "When did you find this out?"
"When I went to the doctor right after we got back. I thought I was pregnant so I took a test there and was told I actually had an STD. Do you know how embarrassing that is, Nick?"
"Zoey I haven't been with anyone else but you, I don't know what else to tell you baby."
"Well I'll let you think on it while I go stay at my mom's."
"You don't believe me?"
"I didn't say that. All I'm saying is that there's a crucial piece of information missing considering."
"Fine, you know what, go. I'm not going to beg you to stay because I know I'm not lying and I know you'll figure that out soon. Do what you gotta do. I love you." And he walked of the room.
In that moment, I felt a little dramatic and frankly I felt like an ass, but here I was sitting here with an unexplainable STD so that moment quickly passed.

I gathered my belongings and snuck through the hallway to the elevator without being seen and walked to my car after I reached the bottom to the garage.
"Zoey, where are you going?" Olivia asked, closing her car door.
"Just staying with my mom for a couple days"
"Did you and Nick get in a fight, why's he not going?"
"We got in a little fight. I just need a little space that's all. I'll be back soon"
"Do what you gotta go boo. I'll miss you" She smiled before walking away.
I sighed and closed my truck, getting in the car and driving off.
Before going to my mom's, I called Jaden.
"Hey, what are you doing right now?" I asked.
"Just chillin. What's up?"
"Could I possibly come over for a little?"
"Yeah it's just me here right now, come on over."

I hung up the phone and turned around, going back toward Jaden's house.
I got there and walked in, seeing Jaden on the couch.
"Hey" He looked up, patting the other side of the couch for me to sit.
I sat down and leaned back, sighing.
"What's wrong Zoe?"
"Nick and I just had a huge fight and I left for my mom's. Now I fell like an ass. An ass with an STD. Oh yeah, surprise. I thought I was pregnant but really just had an STD."
"Shit....." He cringed. "Did he cheat?"
"He swears no but how else could it happen?"
He was quiet for a moment, and didn't answer.
"Jaden? Did you hear me?"
"Yeah uh... Zoey I gotta tell you something."
"What?"
"I- uh"
"Spit it out Jaden"
"I think the STD was from me"
"We haven't slept together since we dated"
"Yeah, but um, before I dated you, I got one from a one-night stand after Mads. Ended up having to get tested, and I never told you because it's embarrassing and also, we never had unprotected sex so I didn't see a reason."
"Another reason you were a shitty boyfriend." I rolled me eyes. "That still doesn't make sense. I should've known way before this"
"Not really, just because you're just now noticing, doesn't mean you haven't had it this whole time. You better hope you didn't infect Nick, also."
"Fuck. I gotta go save my marriage. See you later" I screamed as I ran out of the door.