57

After about an hour of searching... Nick and I noticed Jaden and Josh sitting down at a bar.
"Zoey wait they're over there" Nick pointed toward the bar inside the casino.
I nodded, following him over.
"Hey uh"
"Thanks Zoey, now shits all awkward" Josh awkwardly laughed.
"Is it cool if we talk alone Jaden?" I asked, trying to make eye contact with him.
He nodded, getting up from the bar stool and walking over to two empty chairs, patting the seat next to him.
"I'm really sorry"
He sighed, leaning back in his chair.
"It's fine, Zoey. I just wish you would've told me"
"I know me too. I really messed up. I was so caught up in the moment that the last thing on my mind was Nick"
"So... I'm assuming now that Nick is here..."
"Nick and I aren't getting back together. Not now, anyway. It wouldn't be right. If I'm being honest J, I have feelings for you and I can't ignore it anymore."
"I have feelings for you too, Zoey. It's just- I'm scared that I'll end up getting dumped for Nick."
"Jaden." I placed my hand on my arm. "I'm here now and I'm telling you that I'm choosing you."
A smile formed on his face, causing me to smile in return.
"So, us?" He grinned.
"Us." I giggled.
"Let's take it slow, though. I don't want to rush anything"
"Sounds good" I smiled.
"Let's go explore."

Jaden and I walked hand in hand down the Las Vegas Strip as I felt butterflies all throughout my body.
"Let's go in here" Jaden pointed out interlocked fingers toward a small restaurant right outside of the strip.
We walked inside and got sat at a small booth. It was a small Italian restaurant. It wasn't that busy, but it was quaint and cozy so I felt comfortable.
We ordered our drinks and some food before he grabbed my hands again, squeezing them.
"So I guess this is our first date" I laughed.
"Does that mean I have to pay?" Jaden laughed back.
"Absolutely" I fluttered my eyelashes.
"I'm so damn happy right now" He grinned.
"Me too."
"But like, I've been waiting on this moment for a LONG time." He said, emphasizing on the long part. "I think a part of me knew that... but I was so caught up with my own shit that I didn't want to ruin the one decent friendship that I had"
"The thing is, I would've rather had you in my life and be just friends than lost you out of my life entirely. It just wasn't worth me confessing my feelings at the time."
"But Im sure as hell glad you did" I smiled.

I was genuinely happy for the first time in awhile.