63

I pulled in the driveway to the house that was once my home. I already saw Nick's car in the driveway and cringed to myself.
I got my suitcase out and rolled it to the front door, grabbing my house key to unlock the door but my mom opened it before I could.
"Zoey, baby!!" She screamed, bringing me into a tight hug.
"Hey mom" I winced, smiling to myself.
"Oh come on in honey" Nick's mom smiled, pulling my suitcase in.
"How have you been? Tell me everything!" My mom squealed.
"I've been good mom, you already knew that from our FaceTime calls though" I giggled.
"Oh I know but it's not the same as talking to you face to face. I just missed you so much"
"I missed you guys so much too" I grinned.
"We're so proud of you, too." She smiled. "Why didn't you and Nick ride together? You guys live in the same city."
"He wanted to leave earlier than me and Jaden wanted to spend some extra time together before I left" I lied.
They both nodded and smiled.
"Okay. I'm going to start cooking dinner and you should go unpack and we can meet back down here in about an hour."
I nodded, and dragged my suitcase upstairs to my room.

Nothing had changed in my room other than the lack of clothing or decoration anymore. This room brought back so many pleasant memories for me. I smiled thinking about all the fun times I had in the house. I didn't realize how much I missed it until now.

I unpacked what little I brought and decided maybe I should give Nick an explanation for the past couple months while I could.
I walked out of my room and across the hall to Nick's. I knocked on the door before entering.
"Come on in mom" He yelled.
"Hey" I peaked my head inside. "It's me"
"Zoey you really should be in here" He said.
"Why not?" I walked on in and sat at his gaming chair.
"I don't want to start anything with Jaden."
"You know?
"Know what? That he threatened me in my own house that if I didn't stop talking to you he'd expose you?"
"Wait- huh? Expose me? I was talking about how he made me choose between you two."
"...Shit. You don't know. I said too much Zoey. You need to get out."
"Nick I'm not leaving until you explanation that fucking bomb you just dropped."
"Zoey he has serious dirt on you. If it got out then you would be humiliated and I would never want to be the reason it got out."
"Nick what is it?"
My heart was racing.
"Nick fucking spit it out"
"He recorded you guys sleeping together." He looked down at the floor. "I did it to protect you, Zoe."