18

About three hours had passed and Nick still hadn't came back so I figured all of them went to dinner or something without me. I changed into my swimsuit and threw a pair of jeans shorts on over, grabbing my room key and going down to the hot tub to relax.
The elevator opened and I stepped in waiting for the doors to close until someone yelled "Wait!" and ran around the corner into the elevator. It was Bryce and Jaden.
"Going down to the pool?" Bryce asked.
"Hot tub I think." I shrugged.
"Can we join?" Jaden smiled.
"Sure."
The elevator dinged and we walked out and around the corner to the empty hot tub. Bryce turned it on and we all went in, sitting down at different corners. It was quiet for a minute, but not awkward.
"So... uh did you and Nick get in a fight?" Bryce finally spoke up and Jaden splashed him in response signaling for him to shut up.
"No it's fine." I giggled. "Yeah I think we did. I don't really know, all I did was ask him about it and he really over-reacted and left the room and I haven't heard from him since."
"I'm sure he'll come back tonight and apologize." Jaden chimed in. "He reacts without thinking sometime and talks without thinking, but I'm sure you already knew that."
I laughed and nodded my head, agreeing.
For about thirty minutes, we all three talked and laughed getting to know each other before Bryce got out, saying he was going to meet up with Addison leaving Jaden and I.
"I guess we should probably get out too." I cringed.
"I'm gonna stay I think. You should stay too if you want." He smiled.
I nodded, sitting back down.
"You're upset about Nick, aren't you?"
"Honestly yeah. We had a rocky start because he lied and then things were great when we were alone at home and now here he is lying again as soon as we're around people. I just don't know if I feel like dealing with all this drama all the time."
"I see where you're coming from. You seem like the super chill type and Nick isn't exactly laid back like that so it's a little rocky right now but I'm sure you guys will work it out before the trip is over. I mean who can be mad in paradise?"
"True." I laughed.
"It's weird though, I've known Nick since he moved here and he's literally never mentioned you?"
My heart dropped.
"Wait, really? We've literally lived in the same house since birth and our mom's are best friends." I said.
"Me, him and Ryland have been best friends since Kindergarten."
"Yeah, Ryland talks about you all the time about stuff you guys used to do. I guess Nick was too stuck up Amelie's ass to talk about you though." He sighed. "That sounded harsh I promise I didn't mean it like that."
"No I think I needed to hear that honestly. Can you like explain Nick and Amelie's relationship? Today was the first time I've ever heard her name and she was kind of cold to me on the plane."
"Okay buckle up for this one." He laughed. "So we all met Nick through Anthony, who met him because of Avani. Avani and Amelie are best friends so I guess that's how Nick met Amelie. They started hanging out alone, and then he started staying at her house. And I heard from Anthony that they kind of had a fling going on, and then at the Hype House party a few weeks ago I saw them sneak off to his room to you know, I assume."
"Wait I think I was at that party." My eyes lit up. "Oh my god she was the girl who walked in on me and Nick making out. This all makes sense now. Holy shit he's a dick."
"Yikes..." Jaden's eyes widened. "This doesn't sound good."
"Okay let's talk about something other than my shitty love life please." I giggled. "Tell me about yours."
"My love life?" He snarled. "It's pretty non existent right now. I broke up with my girl friend, Mads, a couple of months ago just because I wanted to focus on my music career and I really didn't have the time to give her the attention she deserved."
I nodded in response.
We sat there looking off into the sunset for awhile, before the temperature lowering set in and I got chills on my arm despite being in the hot tub.
Jaden noticed and scooted closer, our arms now touching. Our eyes met and he smiled down at me. I intently watched his eyes, feeling comfort take over my body. Our faces got closer and closer, leaving little to no space in between our lips. Jaden's hand rested on my cheek, caressing it with his thumb.
The thought of kissing him sent shivers to my spine, but I quickly backed away.
"Hold on one second." I panicked, reaching out of the hot tub to grab my phone.
I went to Nick's contact, and began texting him.

Me
We need to talk tonight. I'm tired of the lies. Consider yourself single

I laid my phone back down and scooted closer to Jaden. I crawled up in his lap, cupping his face.
"Should we really be doing this?" He questioned.
"I'm single."
He wasted no time crashing his lips into mine. Our lips moved in sync, his hands wasting no time making their way down to my ass, squeezing it.

And that's all I remember before I heard screams....