65

"Dinners ready!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.
I took one last glance in the mirror, leaning on the counter with my arms and taking a deep breath. I got this.
I walked outside my room and Nick was waiting for me by the stairs.
"You've got this." He reassuringly smiled.
I nodded, trying to convince myself of that.

"This is so good, I haven't had a home cooked meal in so long" I said.
"Me either" Nick agreed.
"If you guys would come home more often then you could have one anytime you like" My mom said.
"Don't act like you cooked when we were growing up. Me and Zoey still can't enjoy chinese food because of how many time we ate it when we were kids" Nick laughed, causing everyone else to also.
"Oh, by the way, your mom has news Zoey." Nick's mom smirked.
"What's up?" I asked.
My mom glared at Nick's mom, almost like she wasn't supposed to say anything.
"I've been seeing someone."
"No way?" I perked up.
"He's great, honey." She blushed. "That's not my news, though. My news is that I'm moving in with him."
"Mom, I think that's great!" I smiled. "I'm really happy for you. Maybe I'll get to meet him soon"
"I would love that."
"Wait, so what about you mom?" Nick asked.
"Oh you should've known she wasn't getting rid of me that easy." She laughed. "I'm moving into an apartment close by so we can all be together."
"Together?" Nick and I both asked.
"He lives in Los Angeles." My mom said.
"What?!" I grinned.
"That's amazing" Nick grinned also.
"When are you guys moving?" I asked.
"At the end of the month." My mom said. "So about three and a half weeks."
We all nodded.
After we finished dinner, we cleaned up the dishes and the kitchen. Being around my family like old times is exactly what I needed tonight.
My mom and Nick's mom decided to go out with some friends tonight, so Nick and I were going to hangout.
I sat up in my bed under the covers, scanning Netflix for something to watch.
"Okay, I got snacks and drinks. We should be good to go" He walked in my room with handfuls of stuff, sitting next to me in my bed.

We decided on White Chicks and watched it in silence as we ate popcorn and chips.
It's been so long since I've had a night where we could just hangout like we used to with no pressure of the relationship stuff and I loved every minute of it. Just being in Nick's presence brought me a different type of comfort no one else could bring.

The movie ended, and I cleared my bed of snacks, thinking we were going to bed.
"Zoey, we need to talk about all this." Nick said, turning his body to face me.
"I know." I pouted. "I don't know where to start."
"For starters, we need to figure out how we'll get your stuff out of that house. I can arrange someone to come pack your things and bring them to the Hype House?"
"That sounds expensive. What if I can get Josh to get Jaden out of the house and us and Ry can pack it all up while they're gone?"
"Zoey I don't care how much it costs if that means you never have to face him again." Nick said. "But I don't want to force anything on you."
"Let's go with that then. And then after this weekend is over, we can return the rental car and I'll ride home with you."
Nick nodded, agreeing with me.
"How are you going to break up with him? Because I can't let you be alone with him."
"I don't think I can ever face him again, Nick." I looked down in shame. "I've been dodging his texts and calls since I got here so sooner or later I'm going to have to say something though."
"Just sleep on it and see how you feel in the morning then." He said. "I'm gonna go in my room to go to sleep. Good night Zoey."
"Nick- wait." I stopped him. "Can you sleep in here, just as friends?"
He smiled and nodded, laying down beside me.
"Good night."
"Good night, beautiful."