25

I tossed and turned all night, rolling over and checking the time on my phone. 3:25am. I looked over and Jaden was sound asleep.
I decided to go downstairs and get some water, since I obviously wasn't sleeping tonight.
I quietly exited my room, shutting the door behind me and walking downstairs.
I made my way into the dark kitchen and opened the cabinet, grabbing a glass and filling it up with water from the sink.
I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard someone clear their throat.
"Jesus, Zoe, it's just me" Nick laughed.
"Oh my god you ass" I gasped. "I thought it was a murderer"
"Nah just me. Sorry about that"
"It's cool. What are you doing up?" I asked, sipping on my water.
"Couldn't sleep. you?"
"Same."
"Your boyfriend isn't awake to comfort you?"
"One, shut the fuck up. Two, not my boyfriend. Just a friend."
"So friends make-out now?"
"Since you're so interested, yeah we did make out. But that's all we've done. And I only did it because he's nice to me and I did it in a moment of weakness. He friend zoned me because my heart is somewhere else."
"Oh.... I just thought that uh- when I saw you guys in bed together that you know."
"Yeah well that's what you get for assuming. Jaden is a good friend who's been here for me. How's Amelie?"
"Why would I know?" He snapped back.
I sarcastically laughed. "Really?"
"She dumped me too because she found out that I'm in love with you and I 'only like her and that's not enough' apparently."
"I can't say you didn't deserve that." I shrugged.
"Ouch." He defended. "Zoey I miss you. Like just being around you without even having to talk to each other. I just miss being in your presence. Can we start over or something?"
"We can try but I can't make any promises." I replied.
"Why are you so nice to me?"
"Because I love you Nick. No matter how many times you hurt me, I don't think I'll ever be able to shut you out."
"I really don't deserve you."
"You don't. Which is why you don't have me. But, we can try to go back to old times at the very least."
"I'd like that a lot. Besides, you weren't getting rid of me either way." He laughed.
"Unfortunately not." I giggled. "I'm gonna back upstairs to try to sleep, see you later?"
"Yeah. Good night Zoe." He smiled.
"Night!"

bestfriend to boyfriend? //Nick AustinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara