98

"Hey" Someone softly said, shaking my shoulder.
I fluttered my eyes open, closing them when I was unable to adjust to the light.
"Zoe?"
I opened my eyes. "Ry?"
"You had a panic attack, and hit your head on the ground. Take this water and advil"
I nodded, coming to terms, putting the pill in my mouth and drinking some water to get it down.
I was now on the big couch outside so I guess he carried me over here.
I sat there for a minute thinking.
"So all of it is true?" I asked.
"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't need to do that and there's no excuse for it. I know I waited way too late too, you just deserved to know."
"...Okay" I sighed, letting out of deep breath. "I feel like my whole world was just turned upside down."
"Listen to me, this shouldn't change anything. I mean, it'll take some time to get over it but Nick really does love you"
"Yeah... now." I rolled my eyes. "So wait. You're telling me that the first night I was at the old Hype House, when you told me Nick loved me, that was a lie?"
"Zoey.."
"Yes or no Ryland"
"Yeah, it was."
"So you're no better than him, then. So everyone else knew but me?"
"Yes"
"And the Amelie thing, what was that?"
"That wasn't planned. There's no way anyone could've predicted that"
I didn't say anything.
"And then when you got with Jaden, I think Nick realized he really did have feelings for you. He was a wreck. Between Amelie and the baby, he basically thought everything had back-fired in his face."
"It did?" I scoffed.
"You can't tell him I told you this, though. He'll never forgive me and they'll probably kick me out of here."
"So, what then? You just want me to go back to normal and not act like I've been walking around here for a year looking like a moron thinking all of you were my friends? Let me guess, Jaden, Josh and all the guys over there knew too?"
"They didn't know" He said, looking down at the ground.
"You've been lying to my face all this time, it won't kill you to look me in the fucking face right now"
He looked up at my with tears in his eyes, which made me roll my eyes.
"Hey guysssss" Nick said, coming around the corner, stumbling.
"Great, you're drunk" I rolled my eyes again.
"I love you pretty girl" He slurred, reaching for me.
"Don't fucking touch me" I pushed him away, walking past him.
I stormed off toward my room, but not without being noticed.
"Sorry we let Nick get drunk" Thomas joked.
"And I'm sorry I believed all of your fake ass lies this entire year, but we both know neither of us mean it"
I replied, without even stopping.
I didn't even bother looking back to see their faces, but I know I took them by surprise.

Despite the huge bomb that was just dropped on me, I was calm. Too calm for the situation. I felt at ease, which was super fucking weird. Instead of throwing things into a bag, I picked up the phone and dialed the first number I thought of.
"Hey"
"Hey Jaden, uh, I need you right now"
"Where are you? Is everything okay?"
"Hype"
"Be there in 20"

"Hey Zoe. They said you locked yourself inside and won't let anyone in. Please tell me what's going on?" He curiously asked, walking in, and I quickly shut the door behind him, locking it back.
"Sit. It's a long one"
I told him everything, not leaving out a single detail. Considering it happened almost an hour ago, it was still pretty fresh in my mind.
Jaden's eyes were wide as hell as he listened to me intently.
"Yeah, and that's it, for now" I finally finished.
"Holy. Fucking. Shit." He widely gazed at me, before getting up and going toward the door.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"To fight every single person in that living room right now" He snarled.
I ran up and grabbed his arm pulling him back to the bed to sit.
"No fighting" I demanded.
"I'm just skimming over Ryland telling you he's in love with you for now because everything else is even more shocking. Like is this a fucking cult?" He was getting intensely angry. "How are you not fuming right now? Holy shit. So, you're coming with me obviously. We just moved and have a spare. You can stay as long as you like. Pack a bag for tonight and then we can send someone for the rest of your things tomorrow."
"No, Jaden, I can't do that."
"Do what?"
"I can't go back and forth from house to house every time I get my feelings hurt."
"Zoey that's what friends are for. I'm your best friend. This is what we do for each other. Just come on" He grabbed my hand but I pulled away.
"Jaden I called you here to say good-bye."
"What?"