32

I rode in the ambulance with Nick and everyone else followed behind, meeting us at the hospital.
They attached iv's along with other things to Nick, checking out his leg in the process.
I grabbed on to his hand for comfort.
"Fuck!" He yelled. "That fucking hurts."
"Nick. Just look at me and breathe." I reassuringly smiled.
He complied, looking me straight in the eyes. I could see his fear, his pain. He was drifting in and out of consciousness. His right leg was bent in the entirely wrong direction, his entire body bruised and bleeding from the fall. He looked awful and it was scary.
The ambulance pulled into the hospital entrance, rushing him out and leaving me at the entrance alone.
Once everyone else arrived, we waited in the waiting room for a doctor to tell us what was going on.

An hour passed, and a doctor walked in.
"Here for Nick Austin?" He asked, checking his clipboard again.
We all nodded.
"He's going to be fine. His leg is broken in multiple places though, and he's going to need surgery to repair it. He's awake right now if anyone wants to see him before we take him back."
We all looked around, trying to decide who was going back to see him.
"Go ahead Zoe" Tony said, and everyone nodded in agreement.
I got up and followed the doctor into a small room. I turned the corner, and I saw Nick. He looked more calm than the last time I saw him. They obviously gave him pain meds.
"Hey" I smiled, sitting on the edge of his bed.
"Hey Zoe" He smiled back.
"I just wanted to see you before they took you back for surgery"
"I love you"
"I love you too Nick"
"No, like, I'm so in love with you Zoey, I don't want to spend another day without you as mine"
"Are you being serious right now are you on pain meds?"
"Just Tylenol" He laughed. "I'm serious, baby"
"Yes" I grinned. "I'm all in"
I reached down and kissed his lips.
"I'll be waiting here when you come out of surgery, be strong for me, okay?"
"Always" He smiled.
"Okay, Nick, we're all ready for you." A nurse walked in. "We'll keep you updated, ma'am"
I smiled and nodded, waving to Nick one last time.