9

The once full vodka bottle was not empty and I was now seconds away from blacking out. To be fair, so was Ryland.
We were both blasting music and dancing around like idiots. It felt good to not have to be the mom friend for once and just let loose.
Ryland had been posting videos to his snapchat all night but I hadn't touched my phone since I hung up on my mom because I was avoiding everyone.
Ryland took a big swig of vodka, cringing as he swallowed, and taking a video for his snap. He moved the camera over to me. I smiled and did something stupid, before Ryland reached over and kissed my cheek. He stopped recording and posted it to his story. I raised my eyebrow a little in confusion, but I think I was a little too drunk to really notice what happened.
Before I knew it, Ryland was on top of me and we were making out. It didn't really feel right, but I didn't stop it since I knew there were no feelings involved.
As things got more heated, Ryland backed away and smirked looking down on me.
"Wanna take this upstairs?"
"Yeah." I smiled, and we both got up off the couch before our jaws dropped.
"How long have you been here man?" Ryland looked at me and then back at the front door.
"Long enough to know that y'all were about to fuck." Nick glared.
"So?" I laughed.
"So, I came all the way here to apologize and this is what I walk into."
"Nick I don't owe you anything. If I want to have sex with Ryland, I will. Matter of fact, I still might." I glared back, all my drunk ness was leaving my body.
"Zoey if you do just know there will never be a chance of us ever happening."
I ignored Nick, taking Ryland's hand and walking upstairs to my room, locking the door behind me.
Ryland laid down on my bed, and I walked over getting on top of him, straddling him before kissing him.
After a minute, Ryland pushed me away.
"I don't think I can do this Zoe."
"Why?"
"I can't do that to Nick knowing how he feels, and how you feel too. If we did this it would be meaningless and I don't want to lose you as a friend again."
I nodded, getting off of him and flopping down on my bed.
"I'm sorry Zoe. I'll sleep in the spare bed?" He walked over to the door and I didn't say anything, just staring at the ceiling laying on my bed like a starfish.
I hate Nick.