33

"Hey Zoe, I think we're gonna head back to the house if that's okay with you?" Ryland asked.
"Sure" I smiled. "I'll stay here at the hospital with him tonight"
We've been waiting two hours now, and everyone was getting a little antsy so I understand.
"We'll bring you some clothes and stuff later, just let us know what you want to eat" Kouvr sympathetically smiled and I nodded in response.
About an hour after everyone left, the doctor walked in.
"Zoey?" He asked.
"Hi, yes, that's me." I stood up.
"Nick is in recovery." He cleared his throat. "He woke up about ten minutes ago and he's going to be just fine. We were able to repair his leg, he's just going to have to take it easy for the next couple months. We'll check in after six weeks and make sure he's healing okay, then get him started with physical therapy. Other than that, he should be good to go home by tomorrow."
"Thanks, doctor." I smiled. "Can I go see him now?"
The doctor nodded and motioned toward me to lead the way back to Nick's room.
I walked in and saw a very loopy Nick.
I sat in the chair beside his bed and reached over, grabbing his hand.
"How you feeling?"
"I'm so out of it Zoe." He sighed. "I just wanna sleep."
"Sleep all you want, I'll be here when you wake up."
I smiled, tracing lines on his hand with my thumb.
"Go home, Zoe. I'll be okay"
"I'm not even going to argue about this. Go to sleep and I'll sit here and admire my hot ass boyfriend."
A small smile formed on his lips before he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.