35

Some nurses came in the middle of the night to check Nick's vitals, give him some pain meds, and just to make sure he was okay.
Because of that, we didn't get much sleep. That was okay though because I knew we'd be spending the majority of the next six weeks or so in bed since he can't walk with his stitches and cast.
It was now 8am, Nick dozed back off to sleep, and I was now back in my uncomfortable chair sat beside his hospital bed.
A nurse walked in.
"Hey, just letting you know we should be in here in an hour or so to get Nick's discharge papers signed and ready to go. After that you will be free to go home if you need to call a ride" She politely smiled.
I smiled and nodded, getting my phone off of the side table nearby to text someone for a ride.
I clicked Jaden's contact and called him.
Jaden
Hey Zoe what's up?
Me
Hey so Nick is being discharged from the hospital in like an hour do you think you could give us a ride from here to the Hype House? I'll buy lunch
Jaden
Wait what the fuck? Why is Nick in the hospital?
Me
Oh, wait yeah we have some catching up to do. He jumped off the back terrace and broke his leg. He had surgery so he's out of commission for the next six weeks or so
Jaden
Damn that idiot. Yeah I'll leave here in a minute. See you soon Zoe
Me
You're the best thanks!

I laid my phone back down and decided to wake Nick up.
"Hey, baby, wake up" I light shook his shoulders.
His eyes opened, and softened as soon as he realized it was me.
That was cute as hell.
"Nurses should be here any minute to get your discharge papers signed then Jaden is taking us back to the Hype House"
"Okay" He nodded. "Can I have a kiss?"
I lightly laughed and grabbed his face, bringing his lips to mine.
"Erm." A nurse cleared her throat. "Hi, Nick. Can I get your signature on these really quick?"
Nick nodded, taking the pen from her and signing on the dotted lines.
She thanked him, and took his iv's out, and then helped him sit up in the bed.
"I have an extra pair of clothes for you. Do you need help changing?" I asked.
"This is so embarrassing but yeah I think I do." He sighed.
"It's not embarrassing." I rolled my eyes. "You better get used to be taking care of you because this is how the next six weeks are going to be. Besides, it's nothing I've never seen before."
We both laughed a little, and I helped him in the bathroom to change into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.
It wasn't easy, but we made it happen. The next six weeks were going to be interesting. I don't have a motherly bone in my body so Nick may hate me by the end of this.
I helped Nick sit down in the wheelchair and rolled him down the hallway, smiling and thanking the nurses as we waited on the elevator.
We made it down to the lobby, where Jaden was waiting for us.
It took both of us to get Nick laid out in the backseat, and then we both sat in our respective seats.
"How ya feeling man?" Jaden looked back in his rearview mirror at Nick.
"Pain meds are wearing off so I feel like shit." He winced.
"I'll give you another as soon as we get home and then you can sleep the rest off." I turned around, giving him a reassuring smile.
"Can I still have sex with this cast on?" Nick genuinely asked. Jesus, this man.
"Doctor said yes, but you have to lay on your back at all times." I laughed.
"Hey, that's fine with me. You can do all the work" I already knew he was smirking without even turning around.
Jaden's face looked confused. "Are you guys... back together?"
"Yeah" I smiled.
"Cool." He formed a small smile. "I knew you guys would, that's awesome"
"Thanks man" Nick chimed in.

bestfriend to boyfriend? //Nick AustinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara