27

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I frowned, bringing Jaden into a hug.
"Ugh." He pouted. "Me too. But you have to promise to come visit really really soon. Better yet, just move so you can be closer to everyone."
"I'll think about that." I smiled.
"Drive safe and text me when you make it."
"Okay. Bye Zoe" He smiled, walking out the front door, headed to his car.
I looked at my phone and noticed it was 3pm so I decided I'd actually take the time to get ready today.
Hair, makeup, and a decent outfit for once.

I was adding the finishing touches to my makeup when Nick knocked on my door.
"In the bathroom!" I yelled, and heard him open the door and walk in.
"Ready?" He asked peaking around the corner.
I walked out and nodded.
"You look great." He grinned.
"Thank you" I smiled. "Where are we going?"
"I was thinking Italian?"
"You were thinking right." I laughed.

Nick parked the car in the parking lot and quickly ran out of the car, coming to my side and opening my door.
"Aw. You didn't have to do that." I took his hand and stepped out.
"Just let me be nice Zoe."

We walked in, got our table, and ordered our food and drinks.
"So I just really want to apologize for being so shitty to you. You deserve nothing but the best and I've not only been a terrible boyfriend, but a terrible friend too." Nick said, awkwardly fidgeting with his straw wrapper.
"I'm not holding it against you, Nick. I wasn't exactly perfect either."
"I wish we could just start over."
"Isn't that what we're doing now?"
He smiled, throwing his straw wrapper to the side and grabbed my hand.
"That's all I want. I promise I won't mess it up this time."
"Okay that I'll hold you to it, mister." I giggled.
We ate our food as we talked and laughed, mostly being stupid like we used to. We used to play this game where we would point out couples and try to figure out their story. Like the awkward tinder dates that were cringe to watch, and the cute old couples who looked super in love or either hated each other.
It's been so long since we've been able to hangout like old times without any added pressure or anyone else around. I liked it.

After dinner that Nick paid for, he drove us back home and we were now in my room watching a movie.
"How did you manage to sleep in your room alone without getting scared" I joked.
"Why do you think I was in the kitchen at 3am?" He laughed. "I didn't sleep at all."
"You could've came in my room and slept with Jaden and I." I jokily added.
"That would've been so fucking awkward." We were both laughing now. "Like hey man I know I punched you for kissing my ex-girlfriend but I'm too scared of the dark to sleep alone in my room."
"I'm definitely telling everyone about you being scared of the dark when I go back to visit." I said in between laughs.
"So you're coming back to visit me?"
"Well you and Jaden." I added. "Mostly you though."
"You really should think about moving up there, I think you'd actually really like it if you gave it a chance. Everyone at the house loves you, and you already know the Sway boys love you."
"It's funny because Jaden said the same thing earlier."
He shrugged. "Just think about it."
I nodded, returning my attention back to the movie.
Once it ended, Nick and I were both yawning.
"I think I'm gonna go to sleep." Nick whispered.
"Me too. Thanks for today, by the way"
"Of course. Good night Zoey. I love you"
I smiled into my pillow.
"I love you Nick, good night"