52

"We leave at five in the morning and you're telling me you guys haven't packed a damn thing? It's almost midnight."
"Actually you asked, we're not telling." Josh said, removing his headset from his head.
"Seriously, you guys stress me out. Turn off the video games and pack because I'm leaving with or without you in the morning!"
"Geez Zoe, chill out. We'll get it done" Jaden said, laying on Josh's bed staring at the ceiling.
"You're high, aren't you?"
"The better question is why aren't you?" Jaden smirked.
"Fair enough." I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to bed"
They both said good night and I went in my room, throwing my hair up in a bun before covering myself up.
Right as I dozed off, my phone rang. Ryland was calling me.
Me
I was sleeping
Ryland
Zoey you have to get here right now Nick is going crazy
Me
Nick isn't my problem Ry
Ryland
Zoey it's bad. He's throwing shit everywhere and breaking it
Me
That sounds like a normal Friday night when he's drinking. I'm going to bed. Bye

Why did he just call me about that? Oh well, I was too tired to focus on that.

I was once again awoken out of my slumber by my phone ringing.
I didn't bother checking the contact before answering. Damn, I really need to start doing that.
I answered the phone with my eyes still closed.
Me
Hello?
Nick
I really need you right now, please Zoey.
Me
Nick I already told Ryland you're not my problem. Please let me sleep
Nick
Zoey if you have any ounce of love left for me please come outside. Just come out here as a friend please

I hung up the phone.

I rolled out of bed and walked out of my bedroom, through the hallway, and out of the front door seeing Nick's car on the sidewalk again.

I opened the passenger door and got in.

"Don't even think about kissing me"

Nick didn't answer, but instead broke down in tears. He was hysterically crying with his hands over his face.
I've known Nick all my life and I've never seen him like this, much less even shed a tear.
"Nick, breathe. What's going on?" I grabbed one of his hands, pulling it away from his face.
"It's not- It's not" He sniffled.
"It's not what?"
"The baby isn't mine."
"What?"
"She lied Zoey."
My heart sank for him. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a tight hug, letting him cry on my chest.