92

"Nick!" I rushed in the door yelling frantically.
"He's in y'all's room" Thomas replied from the kitchen.
I nodded to him and sprinted, opening the door and stopping in my tracks when I saw him laying on the bed watching Netflix. He looked so sad.
"Already back?" He asked without even away up from the tv.
"I'm so so so so sorry. This is all my fault"
"H-how?" His voice cracked.
"Oh god. No no no. I didn't cheat on you I swear." I sighed. "Can I sit and explain?"
He nodded and I sat down on the edge of the bed.
"So I talked to Jaden... he got the STD from a one night stand before I met him. Um, he never told me because we never had sex unprotected but somehow I still got infected. I guess I wasn't symptomatic until recently."
"So YOU have me the STD?"
"Well I really hope I didn't. You should probably get tested though.... Nick I'm so sorry I blamed you. For what it's worth, I didn't want to believe it was you. And I'm sorry I made that accusation."
He unpaused what he was watching and continued his Netflix binge.
"Did you hear me?"
"Yes."
"Can we talk about how I fucked up and work on you forgiving me, maybe?" I pouted.
"Maybe you should go to your mom's for awhile" He replies, still not looking at me.
"Nick... can you please look at me?"
"No. Because if I do I'll cry and see your face and forgive you."
"Take all the time you need to forgive me. I just want you to know that I love you no matter what" I sighed, getting off the bed and walking toward the door to leave before hearing a muffled "I love you" making my heart flutter as it always does.
I tried to escape through the hallway to the elevator without being noticed, but as always I ran into Olivia.
"Zoey, baby, what's wrong? Did you and Nick get into another fight? She hugged me.
"No, not really. Just taking some time apart. I'll see you soon and tell everyone I love them" I said as I stood there with my arms to my side, not ready to talk to anyone about anything since I was on the verge of tears.
"Call me if you need me, okay?" She patted my head. That annoyed me in the moment, I'm not a fucking puppy. But then again, I was in a fragile state, so I dismissed it.

I practically ran to the car, ditching the elevator and taking the stairs instead.
Thankfully I didn't come in contact with anyone else and I safely made it back to my car.

When I made it to my mom's apartment, it didn't look like she was home so I went straight into her spare bedroom and dropped my luggage on the floor and flopped down on the bed, finally giving my tears an escape. The last thing I remembered was hysterically crying into the pillow, before waking up about midnight with puffy eyes and a headache. I looked to my left and my mom was asleep next to me. I sat up in the bed for a minute with my face in my hands until she tapped my shoulder softly.
"Go back to sleep, honey. We can talk it out in the morning. Or not talk at all. Whatever you want."
I nodded and laid back down in bed, soon drifting back to sleep.