19

"What the fuck?" Nick yelled.
I backed away from Jaden, looking at all the faces watching us.
"I- uh" Jaden started to explain.
"No actually we owe you zero explanations for this." I signaled to me still straddling his lap. I backed away, moving to my own corner of the hot tub. "You've lied to me over and over again and I don't want that in my life Nick. I deserve someone I can trust completely. I think you should go back to Amelie"
"Wait you guys were dating?" Chase scoffed. "Dude what I thought you were like brother and sister?"
Ryland's face appeared from behind the small crowd, handing me a towel.
"Come on Zoe, you don't owe any of them an explanation." I wrapped my body in the towel and felt tears prick my eyes out of pure embarrassment.
"So you're just gonna walk away from me?" Nick laughed. "God Zoey I didn't know you were such a whore."
A tear escaped my right eye and I felt defenseless, unable to make words come out of my mouth.
A arm flew across my shoulder, landing on Nick's jaw. Jaden.
"Watch your fucking mouth." He snarled. "You're the problem here Nick."
I was fully expecting a fight to break out but Nick just stood there holding his jaw with both hands as Ryland, Jaden and I walked away.
The elevator dinged, stopping at my floor. Ryland took my room key from me and unlocked the door, and I followed behind him and Jaden inside. I grabbed a change of clothes and went into the bathroom to put dry clothes on, throwing my hair up in a bun. When I walked out, they were both sitting on the couch watching tv.
"I'm really fine you guys. You can go back to your rooms" I stood in front of the tv.
"No you're not fine and it's okay. We ordered room service and we're having a movie night. Sit" Ryland demanded. I sat in between the two and got comfortable.
He turned on a horror movie after the food arrived. Jaden jumped every two seconds, making us all laugh. Just as the movie got good, the door to the room opened.
Nick.
"Can I talk to Zoey alone?" He pleaded.
No one moved.
"Please?" He begged.
They both looked at me for permission and I hesitantly nodded. They walked out of the room and went back to theirs I assumed.
"What the hell happened?" He questioned.
I stayed silent.
"So you're just gonna dump me for no reason so you can make out with Jaden?"
I stayed silent.
"Nice. Another silent treatment. Real mature."
"I'm sorry but this feels like a fucking interrogation." I snapped back. "I told you I cannot deal with all the lies anymore. I refuse to worry every day if you're going to leave me for Amelie the second we get around other people. Like did you just think I would never find out about her? Nick you of all people should know I don't fucking care about your past. If you would've just been honest with me from the start I wouldn't have cared but you couldn't even do that."
"I-uh, I'm sorry." He stuttered.
"That's it? You're sorry?" I laughed. "Nick she was the one you slept with at the party."
"I told you I didn't sleep with her." He defended.
"But you did. I got confirmation that you did. And that explains why she was so cold to me on the plane." I said. "We're you still talking to her after we got together?"
"...No"
"Be honest."
"Yeah. Uh, she texted me the other night asking if I was coming on the trip and uh, we might've sent some pictures back and forth."
"Jesus Nick, while you were sleeping in my bed?"
"I'm so sorry Zoe."
"Why didn't you tell your friends about me?"
"I- I don't know."
"Are you embarrassed of me? To be dating me?"
"Are you fucking kidding me I'm in love with you Zoey. I want everyone to know I'm in love with you I honestly hadn't talked to anyone from the hype house while I was at home that's the only reason they didn't know. I know I fucked up but I promise it sounds worse than it actually is"
"I'm sorry Nick I really just can't do this. It's all too much for me. I'm just gonna go catch a flight home." I sighed. "I really do hope you find happiness, it just won't be with me."
I immediately got up, threw what little I had unpacked back into my suitcase and zipped them up, picking them up and rolling them out the door.
Nick was still sitting on the couch, now with his face in his hands.