22

I threw my luggage down, flopping down on my bed face first. I missed my bed.
I ended up having a decent time in Cancun. I spent the rest of the trip rooming with the Sway boys and they're all actually really cool. They made sure I was always comfortable and okay after the break-up and it was very much appreciated. I ended up buying my own plane ticket home so I didn't have to face Nick just yet. Since he had all his luggage with him, I figured he'd go back to the Hype House, since there was nothing keeping him here.
As I said my goodbyes to the Sway boys, Jaden told me beard that Amelie and Nick we're official and I'd be lying if I said I was okay.
But I forced the same fake smile I always do and acted like nothing was wrong. That was becoming my new normal.
Jaden was really sweet and I'm glad I got to know him better over the last week. If doesn't hurt that he's incredibly hot also.
Speaking of, that's him calling now.
Me
Hey what's up?
Jaden
Just checking to see if you made it home okay? How was your flight?
Me
Uneventful, which is good. I just got home a minute ago. I'm so happy to be back in my bed
Jaden
Yeah, about that. Can you open your front door?
Me
Huh?

I laid my phone down on my dresser and peaked through my blinds in my window. There was a car outside, that's weird.
I raced downstairs and swung the door open, revealing a smiling Jaden.
"Oh my god what are you doing here! How did you know where I lived! What!" I screamed, hugging him.
"I might've asked Ryland." He laughed. "I hope it's cool that I crash here a couple days?"
"Of course it is!" I grinned. "Come on in."
He brought his bags in and followed me upstairs.
I sat down on my bed and he sat down at the foot of the bed.
"So what are you doing here really?!" I asked.
"Well... um to be honest I wasn't ready to say goodbye." He scratched the back of his neck nervously.
"Oh?" I smirked.
"Yeah, I've really liked getting to know you over the last week. You're funny as hell for starters. Being around you is super comforting and you're easy to be around. I like you a lot Zoey."
"I like you too Jaden."
We both sat there smiling at each other like giggly middle schoolers. I was too focused on his perfect face that I didn't even notice that it was now centimeters away from mine. I finally realized when his lips were on mine. His cupped my face with his hands as our lips moved in sync with each other's. It was a nice kiss.
"So, where am I sleeping?" He smirked.
"Don't get ahead of yourself now. There's a spare, Nick's room, my mom's or Sherry's, or you can crash here since you drove all this way I suppose."
"Cool." He smiled, crawling up and getting underneath my blankets. "I think I'll crash here."