8

I waited outside with my suitcase for Ryland.
He eventually walked out with his car keys.
"Hey, uh... are you sure you want to go home?" He scratched his head.
"Positive."
"Okay then... let's go."
I walked over to his car, and about the time I went to open the car door, a hand stopped me.
"Zoey please don't go. Just let me explain." Nick pleaded.
"What is there to explain? You lied to me. You told me it was Avani in your room getting a shirt to change into but in reality you were doing exactly what I thought you were doing. And then you told me you loved me."
"About time...." Ryland coughed.
"Shut up." I glared and Ryland threw his arms up in defense.
"It didn't mean anything." Nick pouted.
"You're right, it didn't. You don't love me as anything more than a friend. That kiss meant nothing either. See you whenever." 
I grabbed my suitcase and got in the car, slammed the door. I saw Nick say something to Ry and he shrugged before getting in the car.

A short road trip later...

"Wake up Zoe you're home." Ryland shook my shoulder gently.
I nodded, fluttering my eyes open. "Thanks for the ride, Ry. You're the best."
"No problem." He smiled. "I'll get your suitcase. And could I stay in Nick's old room tonight? I don't feel like driving back at night."
"Yeah of course." I nodded.

I finally found my car key in my purse and put it in the lock, turning the door knob and opening it. I yelled for my mom or Nick's but no one answered. That's weird.
I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and dialed my mom's number.

Mom
Hey sweetie! What are you up to?

Me
I just wanted to let you know I'm home. Where are you?

Mom
Oh, um.... were on vacation Zoey. With you gone all summer, we're in Cancun

Me
Are you kidding me mom? You shipped me off to the Hype House so you could go to Mexico?

I scoffed and hung up, not giving her a chance to answer.

"I'm guessing that didn't go well." Ryland laughed.
"Mine and Nick's mom are in Cancun all summer." I rolled my eyes. "They shipped me off with you guys so they wouldn't feel guilty about leaving me."

"Damn... that's harsh."

"Ugh I hate my life." I threw my body down on the couch.

"So let's get wasted. I know Nick still has that stash under his bed."

"I'm way ahead of you."

I walked in the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of vodka from the liquor cabinet and taking a large swig.
"There's plenty of vodka in Cancun anyway."