42

"How long?"
"I was 13" I sniffled. "That was just my diagnosis, though. Since Summer started, I have been so distracted with everything that mentally I had been okay, until now. It just hit me all at once."
"How can I help?" Jaden asked.
"Just be you." I smiled. "I'll be okay, I promise."
"Just know I'm always, and I mean always, here. Not even just to talk but if you just need to sit here in silence with someone else, I'm your guy."
"And that is why you are my best friend."
"I always got you Zoe." He smiled back. "So I'm assuming Nick knows, because you know?"
"Actually... no." I sighed. "I convinced my mom to keep it between us, and to be honest Nick has never noticed. Me hiding out in my room was just normal to everyone I guess."
"Maybe you should tell him? I mean it's not my place to say that, but if you guys are going to be together it's something he should probably know."
"You're right. It's just... in my head I think 'he's never noticed so why bring it up now?"
"Just think on it Zoe. Anyway, it's almost 1am, maybe you should let Nick know I'm bringing you home? He's probably worried."
I nodded, slipping my phone from my back pocket and clicking Nick's contact.
Nick
Zoey where are you?! We've been looking everywhere and we're really worried
Me
Hey I'm fine. I was at in n out with Jaden, he's bringing me home right now
Nick
Why are you with Jaden?
Me
I just needed some time to vent. I'll see you in a minute. I love you

He hung up without responding and that was a little annoying but I would probably be worried too if he didn't answer me for almost six hours.

skipping the drive home...

"Thank you for tonight. Let me know when you make it back home. Love you bestie" I smiled, getting out of the car.
"Love you Zoey, get some sleep" He smiled back, driving off after I shut my car door.
I approached the Hype House steps, preparing myself for the argument I was probably about to have.
I turned the door knob, and was met with the worried faces of everyone.
"Thank god you're not dead" Ryland rushed over, bringing me into a side hug.
"I'm fine I just needed to clear my head, I'm really sorry. I also didn't mean to worry you guys like that, I just needed some space"
"Don't apologize Zoey, we get it" Kouvr reassured.
"Can I talk to you alone for a second Zoe?" Nick asked.
Since he couldn't get up and walk, everyone else got up and walked outside by the pool.
"Are you and Jaden just friends?" He asked when everyone cleared out of the room.
"Are you kidding me? Of course. I just needed a friend tonight, that's all. We got food and sat in the parking lot."
"What's going on with you Zoey? I get that we're all stressed right now waiting on Amelie to resurface, but you're really distant and it's like I don't know you."
"I think this whole thing was just really eating at me and it got the best of me. I just needed to vent a little to someone that wasn't you. Not because I'm mad at you, I'm just a little frustrated that's all."
"Wanna talk frustrated? I waited around here helpless for almost seven hours as everyone else combed the streets for you. I was worried as hell and you weren't answering your phone."
"Nick, there's more to it than that. I told you I was sorry and I really am"
"Oh there's more to it? Like you're cheating on me?"
".... that was uncalled for. You know- I'm not arguing with you about this. I'll sleep on the couch tonight and we can talk in the morning when you're calm."
"No, I wanna talk about it now. Spill it. Tell me how you and Jaden fucked in his car tonight because I know you didn't 'vent' for six hours, Zoey."
I got up from the couch, disgusted with Nick. This isn't the guy that I love.
He reached for my hand but I pushed him away, holding my hands up. 
"Well, since you want the truth. I was diagnosed with depression when I was 13. Ive struggled all this time and you didn't notice. You were too concerned with your social media fame that you didn't notice me changing. You didn't notice when I didn't eat. You didn't notice when I wouldn't leave my room for days at a time. You didn't notice the messes piling up in my room. You didn't notice any of it because you didn't care, Nick. Have you even noticed that the past week I've barely slept? That I only eat when it's necessary for me to live? Tell me Nick, tell me how I was cheating on you tonight when actuality I was talking to the one person who noticed."
Nick didn't say anything, he just stared at me wide-eyed, obviously feeling stupid about his outburst. As he should.
"Zoey I'm sorry."
"I don't need you to be sorry."