61

I groaned, waking up and realizing I had a pounding headache.
I rolled over and Jaden wasn't there anymore so I got up and showered, hoping it would help with my headache. I did my usual routine and threw on some clothes before heading into the kitchen.
I grabbed my phone before walking out, noticing I had a text from Nick from a couple hours ago.

Nick
Hungover??
Me
How'd you know?
Nick
Do you not remember last night?
Me
I remember nothing about last night i think i blacked out lol

I shrugged that text off, but kind of glad Nick checked on me. I was hoping things could go back to whatever normal was around here with us.

No one was in the kitchen and no one answered when I yelled, so I assumed Josh and Jaden were out. I sipped on some coffee as I made some quick breakfast.

As I ate my breakfast at the kitchen table, Josh walked in.
"Morning" I smiled.
"Morning" He nodded back.
"What the hell happened last night?" I asked. "It's a wreck in here"
"Dude you were wayyy too drunk last night, did you blackout?"
"I think because I don't remember anything." I shrugged.
"We had to basically drag your ass to bed, it was bad." He laughed.
"Hey where's J??" I asked, noticing he didn't come home with Josh.
"I have no idea?" He shrugged. "His car isn't here, I assumed you guys went somewhere."
I scrunched my nose because that was unusual but I didn't think anything of it.
I grabbed my phone, clicking Jaden's contact and calling him but he didn't answer.
"He's probably in the studio or something" Josh sympathized.
"Yeah, probably"
I sent Jaden a quick text.
Me
Hey babe, I woke up and you were gone just checking on you?

He'd probably text back when he checked his phone.
Not much was going on today so I went into my room after cleaning up the kitchen a little and slipped a swimsuit on, going out to the pool to tan.
It was super sunny today so I spent an hour or two tanning and swimming. I eventually heard voices coming from the living room, so I assumed Jaden was home and went inside, wrapping a towel around my body on the way.
"Hey babe" I smiled, wrapping my arms around the back of Jaden.
He pushed me off. "You're wet"
"Sorry" I frowned. "Where were you?"
"What, I can't leave without telling you where I'm going now?"
"I didn't mean it like that I just-"
"We don't have to be up each other's asses all the time Zoey"
"That was kind of harsh" Josh stepped in.
"Just stay out of it Josh" Jaden huffed, walking out of the room and down the hallway, his door slamming shut.
Josh and I both looked at each other shrugging, unsure of what was going on.
Against my better judgment, I decided to go to Jaden's room and try to see what was going on. I know I probably should've given him a minute to cool down but it will eat me alive if I don't talk it out immediately.
"Hey J?" I asked, knocking and then opening his door. He was laying in his bed on his phone.
"What?" He asked, not looking up.
I walked in and sat on the edge of his bed.
"What's going on? Talk to me"
"Nothing Zoey. It's really nothing"
"It's not nothing Jaden. Somethings wrong and I want to talk about it"
"Just go ahead and break up with me. I know that's what you're about to do"
"...Why would I be breaking up with you?"
"I saw you and Nick together last night. It's always going to be him, Zoey. I can't compete with that."
"Jaden, I don't know what you're talking about because in all honesty I blacked out last night and have little to no memory other than you holding my hair back when I puked. I don't even remember talking to Nick. I'm sorry I got too drunk last night, but if I said anything that upset you I'm truly sorry."
"That was Nick that held your hair back, not me. You chose Nick over me last night."
My heart sank a little.
"How can I prove that I choose you?"
"Don't talk to Nick anymore."
"So you want me to cut him out of my life? Jaden he's family"
"And he's your ex. I don't wanna be that guy but it's either me or him Zoey"
"Fine."
"Fine what?"
"I choose you."