C H A P T E R T W O

"Babe, it's okay to lose." I waved my hand at Aniya as I made another gutter-ball, even my parents teasing the hell out of me.

"No wonder you weren't a quarterback." Jayden said with a snort so I flipped him the middle finger which was quickly smacked down by my mom. She gave me a warning look as she sipped on her margarita. Even at twenty four I was still babied sheesh.

Jayden stuck his tongue out at me in response. Little brat "I'm gonna get a drink because you guys stress me out." I raised up and made my way to the bar, sitting and calling the waiter to make me a drink.

"Oh shit, Y/n." I smiled at him with a nod as he lifted up his shirt that displayed my jersey number, my last name on the back. "You killed the game last night man. One hundred and seven rushing yards, four touchdowns, three turnovers- I am so pissed the NFL isn't budging just because you aren't a dude."

My eyebrows raised and I slowly sipped my beer as his head shook. "I take it you're a fan?" He looked at me incredulously, making me laugh.

"Dude everyone in Washington is a fan, what do you mean? I'm happy you came to our state instead of some D1 school.. we've seen more playoff and championship games in the past four years with you than we have in the past twenty years. You brought the joy of Howard football back." I cracked a smile and looked away as I took another swig of my drink. "I may just walk down to the NFL headquarters myself and pull their heads out of their asses."

"No need my guy. I never planned to play in the NFL anyways." His eyebrows shot up as I shrugged. "It's not something I'd want to make a living on.. in all honesty, it was just to get into college without paying. Don't get me wrong, I love football and I love making people like you happy, but it's not my lifelong dream."

He nodded in understanding. "I got you man, just happy to watch you every Friday. And anything you want, it's on me." I told him thank you before looking up at the TV and ironically, it was an interview on me.

Pete Stevens, a known reporter, was bashing me per usual. "I just don't see the hype. Comparing her stats to those around the nation, it's nothing special." I chuckled and shook my head. Dude really hated me all four years, guess my fifth wouldn't be any different.

When I saw movement to my left, I looked over and saw a pretty brunette sitting a few seats down with an innocent look. Okay no, Y/n. We're trying something new.. don't even think about it. Nodding at my internal self, I looked back forward and focused on the TV.

But.. she was light skin, red lipstick.. dark waves cascading down her back. Just my type goddammit. I looked back over and saw her already looking at me so I gave her a small nod, smirking when she bashfully turned her head with a small smile. It's like the universe sets out to get me caught up man.

I swirled my beer, trying my damn hardest to keep my eyes forward. I needed a damn miracle right about now.. 'cause will power was not something I had very much of.

"Hey," I looked up and saw said girl sitting next to me. I looked back ahead of me with a sigh. Welp, I tried.

Thirty minutes later

"So.. can I get your number?" I looked at the girl through the bathroom mirror as she smiled innocently. Ah shit.. another impressionable one.

"Give me yours, I'll call you." I said and she quickly started to type it down when I gave her my phone. She handed it back and I looked down at her contact name. "Candice, cute." She blushed, leaning forward to give me a kiss but I leaned back slightly. "Save it for round two baby." A giggle left her lips as I gave her a charming smile. "I'll text you."

"Okay.. bye Y/n."

I nodded softly with my eyes on the phone and once I heard the door close, I deleted the contact and walked out of the bathroom with a sigh. "You must want your ass whooped." My eyes shot up and I froze when I saw my mom standing there with her arms crossed. "Do up your damn belt negro." I pocketed my phone and quickly started to fasten a belt I forgot I was wearing.