PT.3 C H A P T E R ONE

October 31st, 2019
Los Angeles, California
Third person

"No it's because you're getting on my nerves." Y/n mumbled as she walked out of the house to the backyard, Robyn following right behind. "What's up, y'all?" She said and nodded at Dante who leaned against the outside table , Melissa sitting on the edge of the pool.

"What I say about walking away from me, Y/n?" Y/n looked over her shoulder blankly before sitting on the lounge chair right in front of the pool. Robyn didn't hesitate to block her view, a steaming expression on her face. She wasn't truly mad but she wanted Y/n to admit she was wrong. "It's not my fault you're a dumbass."

"I'm the dumbass??" Y/n questioned, pointing at her chest in mock shock. "You said steel, blue steel paint. So I painted the wall steel!"

"I said teal, Y/n!"

Y/n smacked my lips and waved her hand before bringing the beer bottle up to take a sip. "Well the wall is steel, what're gonna do about it? Cry?" Y/n shrugged sarcastically which brought even more anger to Robyn. She stared her down with squinted eyes, her arms crossed.

She's so extra. Y/n thought.

In her eyes, she specially remembered her saying steel because of a joke she made to remember it when picking up the paint. 'If they don't have steel, Ima steal.' And if Y/n made a joke to remember something, she wasn't wrong.

"You know if you listened more instead of always playing that game, you'd know what I'm saying." Robyn said while leaning down to make eye contact. Like always. She thought. Always playing the game, always watching the game. Y/n dropped her head back, knowing the game seemed to always be the butt of their petty arguments. "You were playing the damn switch when I was telling you."

"I really wasn't."

Meanwhile, Dante pushed away from the table and moved to sit behind Melissa, her instinctively leaning back against his chest. "Who do you think is gonna give this time?" Melissa asked, both of them watching the two bicker like the married couple the were.

"Hm.. Robs got this one. Who wants steel color walls?" Dante shook his head before leaning closer to get the end of the conversation.

Y/n set her bottle down and raised her hands. "You know what? Agree to disagree. Just call a damn painter and let them fix it. And don't ask me to paint shit again." Then.. she pulled the switch out of her shorts pockets. Robyn gawked in disbelief.

You've gotta be kidding me.. She internally mumbled to herself before reaching forward to grab the game. "Give me this shit.."

Y/n held onto it and pulled back. "Get your hands off my game."

Dante chuckled softly before looking down at Robyn's feet.. then at the edge of the pool. Before it even happened, he saw it. "Y/n don't let g-"

Y/n's POV

"Fine, take it!" I let go of my switch with a huff and watched her step back from the sudden momentum before I pulled out my phone. She couldn't take all games from me. But.. then I heard a splash and my eyes widened, unmoving from my phone. Uh oh..

I slowly looked up and saw her raise above the water, her hair.. her newly done hair covering her face like the girl from the ring. "Shit." I mumbled and raised up. "Baby I.. I didn't mean to."

She slowly pushed the hair out of her face and walked to the steps. Oh God, I was dead wasn't I? I looked at my best friends for help and Dante raised his hands with a head shake, Mel simply staring at me with raised eyebrows. Then she winked at Robyn with a nod. Goddammit. "I didn't mean to." I rushed out when she stalked towards me with that scary ass expression she does.