PT.3 C H A P T E R TEN

There is a gradual time jump within the chapter, just so you don't get confused. I think I made it clear but just forewarning you.
-

I squinted at the video on my phone as I tried to follow the directions closely. Not too much parsley.. okay.. what the hell is even parsley?

I mean, I knew what it was but what did it do? What did it even taste like?

Shaking my head, I added it anyways before pushing the other ingredients into the skillet. "If you wake me up one more time with that goddamn cooking show." I looked over my shoulder with a smile as Jay walked in while scratching his stomach.

"Good morning." I said and folded the omelette before sliding it onto a plate. "You want OJ or punch?" He sat at the island and raised his eyebrows, pointing at the orange juice.

"You still trying to become Gordon Ramsay huh?" He said when I gave him his food before moving to clean up my mess.

"No.. just thought I'd try something different." He hummed suspiciously while taking a bite. "You got anything going on today?"

"Gotta head to the studio later but nah, not for a while." I clapped and rubbed my hands together with a nod. "We're not working out again."

I smacked my lips while sliding the dishes into the dishwasher. "Come on. Tell me it doesn't feel great. Waking up in the morning, eating a good and healthy breakfast. Then working out and getting your blood pumping."

He sighed and sat his fork down on the plate. "Okay sis, sit down." I furrowed my eyebrows at his serious tone. "Come on, sit down. The counters can wait." I sat the dish towel on the counter and pulled a chair up to the table.

"What's up?" I questioned and he tapped his hand on the table while staring down at it with squinted eyes.

"I'm trying to put this is a nice way." My eyebrows shot up at his next words. "You're being weird again." My head tilted when he waved his hand with a huff. "Okay let me try again. You've been here about a week and a half.." I nodded slowly. "Every morning you make something new for breakfast at the crack of dawn, drag me to work out, then shadow me like a puppy for the day. You don't want to be alone." He stated and shrugged.

My head shook. "What? I don't.." I stared into space as his words hit me. "I don't shadow you, man. And I'm okay being alone." He hummed slowly as I slid off of the chair and grabbed the dish towel again. "I'm trying to make up for missed time with you and I'm just bettering myself."

"For Robyn?" He questioned and I looked over my shoulder silently before focusing back on cleaning the already clean counters. "Look sis I don't mind you being here, you know that, but I think this whole thing is just a distraction from how you're really feeling. You haven't once talked to me about what happened since the night you got here. I'm not here to judge, I'll listen to you."

I nodded, knowing in a way he was right but I didn't see it as a distraction. I had to keep myself busy.. I just had to. "I cheated on her, she wants space and hasn't answered any of my texts. What else is there to talk about?" I scrubbed in circles before huffing when his hand grabbed the rag. "Jayden, I'm fine."

"No you're not, and that's okay." He pushed me back from the counter, making me give him my full attention. "You're hurting. Just because you cheated doesn't mean you're not allowed to hurt."

"I shouldn't be allowed to, I hurt her. So.." I shook my head and looked down. "I can't sulk. I'm not hiding my feelings or burrowing them like I use to, I'm just making use of my time, okay? There's a reason I reverted so easily. It's because I was still the old me but with the capability to feel and love back. I need to change completely and that starts from within." He dropped his hand from my shoulder with a huff when I rounded him and started to the guest room. "I'm going to workout. I'll be ready in ten if you're coming."