C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N

Trigger Warning, *Gun Violence
-

Two weeks later

"Ahhh shit!" I smiled and let Dante wrap his buff ass arms around me, slightly sending me stumbling back. "I missed you bruh!"

"I missed you too, D. Now let me go before they think we some fruity motherfuckers." I said, eyeing the paparazzi that were snapping their cameras hella fast outside of the airport.

He pulled back and cleared his throat with a nod. "You right." I chuckled and followed him, crutches free, to a nice ass car. "So what you think huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows and put my suitcase into the trunk.

"I think you're blowing your money like a dumbass." I said and he gave me a look as I slid into the passenger seat, him at the wheel. "How much even was this car?"

He simply waved his hand and started the car with a button before pulling out of the parking lot. "Does it matter yo? I signed on for ninety million bro, this car doesn't even make a dent." My eyebrows shot up in shock and he nodded. "Wait til you see my crib." He added with a wink.

Ninety million? Holy shit..

I found myself looking at my best friend proudly. He crawled his ass out of New Orleans, barely scraping by with C's and managed to get a scholarship to Howard, only to kill four years and get drafted out the bat. "You the one talking about gay shit and you over here staring at me like you want the first letter of my name."

I smacked my lips and looked away. "I;m just proud of you nigga. Out here living your dream and shit.. and I saw that catch last night." He grinned and playfully popped his collar. "Everybody's talking about it."

"Man I really didn't think I had that ball too. I was just like damn I'm glad for that dry spell I had." I gave him a confused look and he held up his right hand before making a jerking off motion.

"Nigga- ew." I pushed his hand down with a frown and he laughed under his breath. "You nasty as hell."

"Aye, it made my hand strong. I bet that's how I was able to catch it with three fingers."

I couldn't help the laugh that left my lips. This nigga really didn't change.

After the drive, I raised my eyebrows when we drove into a driveway in front of a nice ass house. Look at my bestfriend go.

"I got my homie coming over in a few to give me some tats so Imma go freshen up real quick but uh yeah," He said after we walked in, tossing his keys on the table

"I got my homie coming over in a few to give me some tats so Imma go freshen up real quick but uh yeah," He said after we walked in, tossing his keys on the table. "Make yourself at home bro, what's mine is yours."

"Thanks bro." I said and sat on the couch before pulling out my phone to call Robyn, as promised. "Hello my favorite bajan." I said once the call connected.

"Mhm I knew it." I rolled my eyes at who's voice I heard on the other end. "Rob, I'm your girl favorite! I win!" Melissa said on the other end with a high pitched laugh.