PT.2 C H A P T E R TWENTY-SIX

"Are you ready?" Lewis asked from the front seat and I nodded. I could hear a lot of chatter outside but I knew it what it was. The same people who came to every court date. The cop lovers.

Robyn had already went in with my mom and I just asked for a few minutes alone. I wasn't sure what today held. I didn't know our progress or regression, I didn't know how close we were to being done or not.

All I knew was that everything felt like we were going in circles. The blame game. That's what it felt like.

Lewis tapped on the window to let me know he was opening the door and when he opened it, I sighed when the voices got louder. Here goes nothing, I guess.

I stepped out and raised my head, then froze.

My eyes widened when I saw a bunch of signs with my name and fuck twelve and justice.. holy shit. My jaw dropped slightly as I walked with the help of Lewis and some other guards, my eyes shifting left and right. One sign in particular stuck out to me..

It wasn't the first time. Steven Danes assaulted me too. #Justice4victims

I felt my heart ache at the young looking girl and I couldn't help but break from my path and make my way over to her. "Hi," I mumbled and raised my arms, instantly she fell into them. "I'm so sorry." I said as I hugged her tightly, feeling her body tremble in my hold. "You deserve justice."

"Win it for us." She whispered and I nodded before pulling back. "I'm trying my best." I replied and gave her a nod. "Stay strong, alright?" She sniffed and nodded as I backed away, my head shaking when their voices over powered the ones spreading hatred.

Holy shit. "Thank you.." I breathed out, sure they couldn't hear me but goddamn.

Once we were inside, I saw Mark walk up and pat my back softly. "We have a long day ahead of us, are you ready?"

"Yeah, let's go."

We walked through the lobby and into the court room that was already filled with media and spectators. I made a stop next to my mom and gave her a hug. "Thank you for coming again. You might as well stay in our guest room, Ma." I said, smiling as she pecked my cheek.

"I like my hotel room. Makes me feel fancy." I chuckled softly before smiling at Robyn.

"Where's your head at?" She asked, fixing my button up collar.

"I'm good. I feel good and ready." Her head nodded as she held my face softly. "I can't wait for this to be done so I can stop planning how to talk in court and start planning for our wedding."

A cute smile pulled at her lips as she leaned forward and gave me a soft kiss. "I want a summer wedding."

I hummed against her lips. "We better hurry this up then." I joked before looking over my shoulder when Mark called me. "Okay.. wish me luck." She nodded and patted my cheek softly. "You got this, baby."

I backed away from the chairs and moved over to my designated spot next to Mark. "The run down, I've got Sophia in here and I'm not sure what Mr. Gibbons is planning but I'm almost positive it has something to do with the questions she asked you yesterday and perhaps.. he's going to try to flip it in a twisted way."

I nodded, already knowing that.

"All arise." The guard, officer, whatever he was, said and everyone raised up as the judge walked out. "You may be seated." Then we sat back down.

After the usual opening statements, the first person called to the stand.. Sophia.

I watched her confidently walk up to the stand, say her oath with her hand on the Bible, then take her seat.