PT.2 C H A P T E R TWENTY-TWO

Robyn's POV

"You say she doesn't speak as much either?"

I lightly chewed on my thumb nail and shook my head. "Barely," I looked up at Cheryl, my therapist, and saw her staring at me intently but with soft eyes. "I'm lucky if I get half a smile."

She hummed and nodded lightly. "And this all started.."

"A week and a half ago." I breathed out, my head shaking. "She was arrested for fighting but her best friend was in with her. He said she wasn't anything like how she was when she walked out."

I dropped my head slightly when I felt my emotions flare up again. A week, an entire week of a cold shoulder Y/n. I made calls to the station to find out what happened but they all say the same thing. She was quiet and compliant. Nothing more.

And now she.. now it's projecting not only to me but everyone else. The fact that Black Fenty has sold out was something she couldn't even celebrate and she was always one to post about successes, thanking everyone included. Now, nothing.

"And how are you dealing with that?" I zoned back in as Cheryl sat her notepad down and gave me her full attention. "That's gotta be taxing on you."

I shrugged. "I just want her to talk with me, tell me what's going on in her head. When I look in her eyes.. nothing, there's nothing. I've never looked at her and not seen Y/n." I exhaled heavily and she grabbed a box of tissues from her desk, slowly reaching out. "Thank you." I said, wiping my eye as I spoke shakily. "I feel so powerless sometimes and I just wanna hold her but I can't even do that."

My head dropped again as I tried to hold the tears back. I've cried so much in the last week that it started to make my eyes hurt with just one tear. "Maybe suggest therapy. Sometimes it's harder to tell loved ones a traumatic experience for fear of judgment or pity."

"I can try." I breathed out and swallowed thickly before crumbling the tissue up. My eyes moved down to my watch and I saw our hour was up. "Thank you for everything. I'll see you next week?" She nodded and we raised up, her arms embracing me in a hug.

"You'll get through this and so will she. You're both strong individuals.. continue letting her know you're there for her, that's all we can do." I nodded and pulled back with a soft smile. "I'll see you next week, Robyn."

"Yes ma'am." I said with a sigh before leaving her office and meeting up with Lewis who offered me a small grin. "Hey Lew, just home today, alright?" I said since usually after therapy sessions I treated myself to ice cream. It made me feel better after talking about shit but today I just wanted to get back home to Y/n.

"I think Aniya just pulled in." Lewis said once he turned into the driveway and I saw her getting out of her car.

"Oh yeah, Y/n watched D while she went to take a test. She's back in college but needed to go on sight for an exam or something." He nodded in understanding and parked. "Hey Ni." I said with a smile.

She looked back and smiled as well. "Hey girl." We hugged before I dug through my purse for my keys.

"How was your exam?" I asked, sliding the key in and pushing the door open.

"I feel pretty confident about it."

We walked in through the living room where I heard the tv playing cartoons. "That's good, I'm happy for.." I raise my eyebrows in confusion when I saw Dahlia in the middle of the living room in her playpen watching the tv; Y/n nowhere in sight.