C H A P T E R F I V E

I ran across my campus with my backpack on my back, my football duffel on my shoulder, and a bag in my hand filled with snacks. I had waaay too much shit going on, but, like I said.. I'd find a way.

After stashing my two other bags in the storage room next door, I walked into my professors office with a smile. "Hey Williams." I said, sitting at the desk as I pulled off my backpack. I put my phone face down on the table and took out a pencil.

She set the test packet on my desk and held up a stopwatch. "One hour. Go." I scribbled my name at the top with a nervous huff before flipping the test open and starting. I made sure I studied hard as fuck this time because, knowing my dad, if he found out I got a C.. yikes.

In my family we prided ourselves on knowledge. My dad was a professor at a community college, my mom a nurse. It wasn't very profitable jobs considering where we lived.. but they both were first generation college students and made sure I wouldn't be any different. So, I literally could not slip or they would know, they always did somehow.

About halfway through my test, I felt my phone vibrate and I looked up to see if my professor heard but she was nose deep in a book so I slyly flipped the phone over. I wish I hadn't.

Babygirl😘: Hey I'm in the quad, where are you?

Shit. I swear I thought she said we were having our picnic at four.. I flipped my phone back over and looked up, trying to figure out how I could leave without her thinking I was cheating. My eyes ran over the room until I remembered I had ketchup packets in my backpack. Don't ask.

With much precision, I slid my hand into the pocket and pulled the packet out before sliding it up my sleeve. When I was sure she wasn't looking, I ripped it with my teeth and squeezed the ketchup onto my upper lip.

"Oh sh- Professor, do you have any tissues?" I asked, dropping the ketchup back down my sleeve. Her eyes widened as she looked at the empty box next to her desk.

"I'm sorry no. You can ask Mr. Roberts next door but I don't think he's in.."

I stood up and pinched my nose, no doubt selling this shit. "May I go to the restroom?" I asked, knowing the nearest restroom to the office was about seven minutes.. that gave me fourteen. Once she nodded, I walked out briskly before dropping my hand and using my sleeve to clean the mess while going into the storage room.

I shed off my shirt and dug into my bag to get my football practice shirt, all while sending a voice message to Aniya. "Hey Siri, text babygirl 'I'm on my way, be there in a few' send." I grabbed the bag of snacks and rushed out of the room and down the corridor towards the quad that was about two minutes away.. twelve minutes.

"Hey." I said with a smile as I dropped next to Aniya, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek while dumping the snacks out.

So, I had a plan alright. I was going to breakup with Aniya tonight. But I kinda didn't want to leave it on a bad note so I was trying today to be decent to her, sweet even. "You ready for the game tonight?" She asked and I nodded softly as I took a bite of my apple. "Do you ever get nervous?"

"Nah not really. It's just another thing to do." When I looked up, I saw her looking at me with a small smile. "What?" I mumbled and she shook her head before grabbing the hot cheetos to eat. We ate in silence for a moment and just as I went to break it, a football suddenly landed in front of us.

"I got it." My head raised and I watched Keith, a known Kappa, jog over. "Wouldn't want the little star to get hurt before the big game." Me and Keith didn't get along. Never did. He was a Kappa, I was an Alpha. As if that didn't put a grudge between us enough, he was also an antagonizing little bitch. "What's up, Niya." He said, smirking as he nodded at her.