PT.2 C H A P T E R EIGHT

I wasn't going to update again but I realized Hamilton comes out at midnight which means I probably won't be updating tomorrow so.. here's a freebie.
-

My hand gripped the steering wheel as I stared at the road ahead of me, feeling my foot press down against the gas pedal.

As soon as those words left Alexis' lips, I left. I grabbed a rental car and left with nothing. Well, almost nothing.

I felt a hand rest on my thigh which momentarily took me out of my hazy state. "You're going fast again babe.. slow down." I looked at the speedometer and saw I was pushing one twenty so I eased up immediately.

"Sorry." I mumbled and relaxed my shoulders. The drive from Miami to Washington was fifteen hours. I didn't stop unless it was to gas. It was like all hunger and need to pee went nonexistent.

I couldn't rest until I got the truth.

"Do you want to stop for a nap? I'll drive?" Robyn asked as she continued to rub my leg soothingly. I shook my head and rubbed my eyes before keeping my eyes on the clear rode. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, we'll be there soon, take a nap." I could feel her continuing to stare at me but she couldn't even begin to fathom what I was feeling. A whole ass kid hidden from me, if that was the truth. I didn't blame her for wanting to help but right now, I needed to focus on something. So driving it was.

But that didn't mean my mind didn't still wander..

If the kid really was mine.. how was I suppose to take that? The very thought had me feeling queasy and sick- everything was just popping off. A baby would no doubt stunt that. I couldn't just hop on a plane anymore, I would have another human to take care of.

I couldn't wake up whenever I wanted or.. or stay out all night partying, club hopping, I'd have to go home. That was like cutting my prime short.. I just turned twenty fucking five.

Reaching for the red bull in the cup holder, I took a long sip before mindlessly sitting it back down. And it wasn't even like I went bare with her or anything. I always wore..

Like a movie was playing in my head, I suddenly had a flashback. The night of the step show.. back in June when we..

"Fuck!" I exclaimed and punched the wheel which made Robyn flinched at the suddenness. "Sorry.. sorry." I breathed out and shook my head at myself. "I just- fuck." I laughed humorlessly at myself before pulling to the side of the freeway and turning off the car.

"What happened?" She whispered.

I reclined the seat and laid back with my hands covering my face. "It's mine." I whispered lowly and she hummed, not hearing me. "The baby, Robyn.. it's mine."

She looked away and I huffed, pulling the hat off of my head and using it to cover my face. "How are you sure?"

"Because the one time I forgot to put on a condom was June first, also the day we got back together after being broken up for a week. I assumed she was on the pill still and.." I huffed again and pulled the hat off of my face. "I fucked up."

She was silent. I was silent. Everything became more real as I connected the dots. How she was more emotional yet fed up with my shit. I thought that was just her but by the time we broke up, she would've been two months.

How was I suppose to know- why didn't she tell me?

I sat the seat back up, now suddenly desperate for answers as I started back down the freeway. Robyn was still quiet and that half scared me because I wanted to know what she was thinking but my own mind was already preoccupied.