PT.3 C H A P T E R FIFTEEN

"Coco melon, do do do..." Dahlia sung lightly to herself as I sat behind her while doing her hair. I grabbed a hair tie and started pulling her heart back but she instantly complained. "No, hair down, mama." I leaned over and looked at her, chuckling when she gave me a pointed look. "Hair down." She repeated, then looked back at my phone which was showing her little tv show or whatever.

"Well okay." I mumbled before letting it stay down, but now having to put her hair stuff to make it stay curly. "What do you wanna do today, princess?"

She hummed and leaned back against me when I started massaging her scalp with the leave in conditioner. "Go eat." She mumbled and when I stopped, she gasped. "Don't be mean mama."

This girl was getting more and more personality every damn day. I kept massaging her head as she kept her eyes on the video. "The wheels on the bus go round and round.." she sung lowly while moving around, making it hard for me to do her hair.

I remember getting popped with combs and shit when I did this. Our generation really was a lot softer huh? "Sit still, princess." I mumbled and she suddenly gasped again. "What now?"

"Can I be a kitty?"

"For Halloween?" I questioned and she dropped her head with a laugh.

"No mom, Halloween in October." She said as if I didn't know. "I be kitty today." I furrowed my eyebrows so she held up her phone and I saw she clicked on a different video of some little girl getting her face painted. "It's Elle."

I nodded as if I knew who that was. "I don't think I can paint that well." She tossed my phone down and spun around, her hands reaching up to hold my face.

"Mama you can do anything." She whispered, looking serious as hell. "Okay?"

"Okay." I whispered back and snorted when she gave me a nod then turned back around to grab my phone. "You better not throw my phone again though. Or I'll snatch ya ass up." She laughed and I leaned over again to make eye contact. "You think I'm playin?"

"Yes." I quickly lifted her over my shoulder and ran upstairs, purposely making her bounce. "Maaa, my hair is crazzzy." She screamed in between laughs but I tossed her onto the bed once I reached her room. "You mess my hair up."

"Hush smart ass." I mumbled and opened her closet. "Go get your little makeup stuff. The one Robyn gave you." I said and she quickly skipped over to her drawers. "Hey you wanna wear a dress today?"

"No." She waltzed over to me and leaned against my leg, her hand pointed at an outfit set. "The kitty outfit." I grabbed it down for her and knelt down on my knees to help her pull the shirt over her head. "I can do it, mom." She mumbled and I pouted before just resting sadly on my knees when she pulled the shirt over her own head, then grabbing her shorts.

"This isn't fair." I said, my eyebrows furrowing along with my pout. When did she grow up on me like this? I swear I was just trying to help her to crawl with tummy time; just feeding her apple sauce and trying to keep her from falling out of my arms. When did this happen?

"All done." She said and held her arms up with a wide smile. "I look so pretty!" I chuckled and nodded, noticing she put her shirt on backwards. Welp.

"You do. Can I take some pictures of you to post after I do your cat face?" I asked while fixing the shirt. "Awesome, thank you."

"You welcome." She said and sat in front of me when I grabbed her play makeup kit and started to draw her kitty face on. "Mama," she mumbled and I hummed. "Roby said hi." I dropped my eyes and saw her looking  down at my phone.

"Read it for me." I said, smiling when she tried her hardest to sound everything out.

"Hey boo.. come o-over and pa..pack over night bad." I furrowed my eyebrows and leaned down to read it for myself.