PT.2 C H A P T E R FIFTEEN

One more for the road.. and also so next chapter can be back in the states

-

When my parents divorced, that recked me more than anything. I knew it was long overdue but still.. it killed me.

I use to pray every time they would get into their yelling matches. 'Please don't break up' 'Please fix it' 'Please don't give up' At fifteen I was praying for my parents not to give up, all while being pushed to be someone I wasn't.

Then, the arguing turned to silence. Weeks of pure silence and nothing muttered to one another but I assumed they were working through it. I assumed this was them choosing not to fight each other but for one another.

I was wrong.

Week four of the silence is when I was pulled to the side by my dad with suitcases.

"We're leaving. I'm gonna make you a star, don't worry."

I loved my mom more than anything but my dad was the hero in my history book. So, after my mom silently gave me a hug, she watched us walk out of the door with my siblings all looking on in confusion.

My dad gained sole custody of me but not my siblings. The visiting was probably the worse part. I didn't know at the time but my mom could see me morphing into my dad, I see that now.

Every time I'd come over, year by year, she'd get this look in her eye.. eighteen is when I hit the peak. Every time I'd leave the house at night and come back smelling like perfume and lipstick on my shirt, she knew.

She knew but she never said a thing. Only 'Be careful, Y/n. Don't be out here playing with these girls feelings' and I always reassured her that I didn't but I always did.

Ten years later, here I was. Trying to depict my feelings over a girls feelings I ain't wanna fuck with. How the fuck did I get here?

Never would I have imagined last year this is how I'd be spending the back end of my summer. I was sure I'd be going into a job right now or into the NFL if I was accepted. Making money.. still fucking whoever I wanted, being free.

How was I so ready before but now I was terrified? A full fucking circle.

But I love Robyn, I knew that. She took a chance on me, made me want to be a better person and accept all my flaws with open arms. We've been through so much in the past year that it almost seems fairytale.

So, what was I scared of?

I pushed off of the sand and dusted off my pants before starting back on the trek to the restaurant. I was here for maybe thirty minutes so I knew they'd still be there (if she didn't leave.)

This is where you talk, Y/n. You don't run. We don't run anymore.

I ran a hand through my hair as I nodded to myself, letting my subconscious guide my dumbass since I couldn't.

When I got to the restaurant, I saw just in time as Lewis pulled out of the parking lot. "Shit." I huffed and pulled out my phone to hopefully call him-

"I knew you'd come back." I raised my head and saw Robyn lift off of the bench outside of the restaurant with a small smile. "The others left.. come here."

I slowly walked up to her and she slid her hands up to cup my face, her eyes roaming mine. "What's wrong, baby?" She asked softly.

"I'm scared." I said truthfully.

Her head nodded just as we saw a flash so she grabbed my hand and pulled me forward where another car was waiting. The guy opened the back door for us and after we slid in, I dropped my head back on the seat with a sigh.