C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

Make sure you guys pay attention to EVERY detail. Read between the lines..

Rihanna POV

I sat in the back of the moving car, my eyes un-moving from the phone screen. I had the video on loop and each loop I felt a piece of me die inside. But... I couldn't stop. She looked so scared, so fragile.

I wanted to fall onto the ground and pull her into my arms. She was usually so big and.. powerful, courageous. A tear fell down my cheek as I watched her fight to keep her eyes open, the eyes that looked right at Dante. They were both crying, almost as if they were saying their nonverbal goodbyes. I didn't want it to be a goodbye.

"Rob I think.." I ignored Melissa and replayed the video, watching again as she cradled her stomach and staggered forward, falling to the ground again. And again. Soundlessly muttering 'I'm sorry.' No one coming to her aide, everyone watching, gawking as she laid motionless on the floor with their cameras up. I sniffed, starting the video again. "Robyn." Melissa finally tore the phone from my grasp but I kept my eyes down as it was still there; it might as well been since it was now engraved in my head.

She simply pulled my head to rest on her shoulder. "Have they said anything?" I asked and she shook her head. "That's good right? It means they don't have bad news." She nodded softly but I saw the look on her face and I knew what she was thinking. 'Or they don't want to give me the bad news.' I looked out of the window and watched a city I loved past by in a blur. I usually loved New York.. not today.

Today I wanted to burn it to the ground. That and the wack ass cop. I was disgusted with how he just completely disregarded Y/n. He shot her and went straight to cuff Dante, not even caring if she bled out. I wanted him dead. My thoughts were interrupted when the car stopped and I looked up, seeing the hospital in front of us. A sea of fucking paparazzi.

I huffed and climbed out after Lewis pulled the door open. "Rihanna?" I pulled my glasses down and pushed through the crowd as they seemed to grow in seconds. "Is Y/n okay?" I kept walking, my hand shielding me from the flashes. "We heard she passed, is that true?"

I swallowed thickly and felt my insides tear even more and Melissa instantly sensed it as she wrapped her arms around me, speaking up where I usually would. "Hey, back the fuck up or I swear to God." Lewis eventually managed to get us through the hospital entrance.

Once we walked through, Jen handling the talking, we were directed to a private waiting room where I immediately spotted her family. All but her dad. I pulled away from Melissa and found myself walking straight to Y/n's mom Viola. We were suppose to surprise her next week for thanksgiving.. we weren't suppose to see her in this way. "Mom." She looked up, eyes watery and she accepted my hug immediately. "I'm so-"

"I know." She whispered and rubbed my back softly. "We were going to call but I thought It'd be better to tell you in person." I didn't pull away and she didn't let go. "She lost a lot of blood so.. she's on life support right now in an induced coma." I let out a heavy exhale against her shoulder and her hold tightened. "You can see her.. it's room two fourteen."

"Thank you." I whispered and pulled back, then turning to her siblings. "Hi Liyah." I pressed a kiss to her forehead, hating the sad aura she held. She was the hyper Y/ln, the energetic one. Now she just seemed.. gone. "Jay." I then hugged him and could feel him radiating strength for his whole family.. he really was his big sisters twin down to a tee.

After I went up in the elevator silently, walked down the corridor silently, I came to the door and heard speaking inside so I waited. "I need you to pull through.. we still gotta hang out Y/n, I said next time and meant it. Just.. don't fucking die.. please." I stepped back when the door opened and saw an older man, most looking like Jay but a lot more distraught. Her dad. He ran a hand down his face and gave me a nod before walking out of the room.