PT.2 C H A P T E R TWELVE

"Ooh look at the fish, princess." I cooed out with Dahlia in my arms, watching her eyes follow the big ass fish that was swimming past the glass. "It's a big fish huh?"

Her hand reached out so I leaned forward, letting her press her tiny palm against the glass. "Okay I'm back." I smiled up at Aniya as she came back with a freshly pumped bottle of milk since I.. accidentally dropped the other one. I didn't know it was uncapped, okay?

"Cool," I sat Dahlia back in the stroller and strapped her up before moving back so Ni could set up the bottle.

Once she started to push the stroller again, me walking beside her, I felt her bump my shoulder. "So.. how's the wife?"

My eyebrows shot up and I let out a soft chuckle. "Wife?" Her head tilted as she gave me a look. "Rih?"

"No, Michelle Obama- yes Rihanna, Y/n." I raised my hands playfully before sliding them back into my jacket pockets. "How are you guys?"

"We're good." I said with a soft nod. "I'm meeting her fam next month for this festival shit so.. that's long overdue."

She stopped walking. "Hang on.. you haven't met her family yet?" I shook my head. "Spoke to them on the phone, FaceTime?"

"No.." I mumbled and she smacked her lips at me before shaking her head and continued walking. "What? They all live in Barbados, I couldn't exactly walk up to their front door."

"Okay but this is a Caribbean family, Y/n. You thought my Dominican ass family was a problem, wait til you meet hers."

Okay now she was scaring me. What did that mean, would they not like me? Especially because I never pushed to meet them.. it's not like I didn't want to meet them, I just.. wasn't sure how to go about it.

I could have showed up to the many FaceTime calls Rob had and I can't even tell you why I never introduced myself. I guess I was a bit scared. She met my family before we were official official. Now, officially meeting her side of the family made everything a lot more real.

"I can see you thinking over there." I felt her bump my hip slightly with hers. "You wanna talk about it?"

I clicked my tongue before shrugging. "What do you see with Rih and I?" Her head tilted in confusion. "My mom told me I act different or whatever with her.. do you see that?"

A soft hum left her lips as she nodded at the bench that was in front of the jellyfish tank. "Can I be honest?" I nodded as we sat down and she slowly pushed the stroller up and back to keep Dahlia from crying. "I knew when we were together that you didn't love me, Y/nn. I was naive, not gullible."

I frowned when she let out a sad chuckle. "I just hoped by some miracle I could make you love me and on the back end of our relationship, I realized that wasn't gonna happen. Then.. you came to my house and you apologized and I could see something. I saw light in your eyes." She looked at me, her head shaking. "You never had light in your eyes, Y/nn."

That was the day I agreed to dance for Robyn on tour and flew out to LA. How'd she even see that without knowing the context?

"So, you ask me if I see you in a different light? Yes, I do. And as much as I wanted us to work out at the time, I always wanted you happy more. You were like.. my lil baby, I just wanted you to be successful and to live your life." I smiled softly when she smiled to herself. "And now you are and you're with the girl you love.. fully embrace that."

"Awe." I cooed and her eyes rolled. "You should be kicking my ass for all I did to you, why are you so sweet huh?" I draped my arm over her shoulder before pulling her into my side.