PT.3 C H A P T E R FOUR

Look what I found lol ^^
-

One month later
December 24th

Over the last few weeks, everything's been weird. Robyn and I were on talking basis, but it was different. We could be affectionate one day then she could have something to argue about the next.

It was draining as fuck but I never gave up on her. It got to a point where I even started to make excuses. Maybe she was just overwhelmed with the many businesses she was running.. maybe taking care of the babies on her own was stressful.

I was just being as understanding as I possibly could because I didn't know what she was going through.

But me stressing over her stressing was starting to make me give her more and more distance and I hated that. I wanted to call her after my shows and talk about our day but it always led to an argument, or she was busy and had to leave five minutes later. Still, I called, not caring what side of the dice the night ended on.

As long as I could hear her voice before my head hit the pillow.

I just prayed that whatever she was dealing with, she would come to me soon. I needed my wife back.. wherever she was.

But, I guess in turn I put my energy into trying to have fun again. Innocent fun.

"Left- left- right- noooo!" I groaned when saweetie stepped on the wrong step pad, sending us back fifty points.

"Amateur!" The game voice said loudly and I leaned against the back of the railing, my head shaking as dance dance revolution continued without me. "Come on!" She laughed out and tugged at my arms but I stayed out. "Don't give up on me, nigga."

"No I'm done." I said and turned away from her. "You can't dance for shit."

She gasped and I gave her a sarcastic look as I stepped off of the gaming machine and continued throughout the arcade. We had the day off so we decided to spend it having some fun at the arcade we found out about in Colorado.

It's honestly been a minute since I've hung out with her, just for fear of pictures getting leaked and another argument starting. But after three weeks of pure.. avoidance, I gave it up because it started to cause a rift in everything.

Avoiding her led to no chemistry in our performances and I pride myself on my craft. I just made sure to be cordial yet professional. Well, as professional as you could get when hanging out at an arcade.

"Your family coming for Christmas tomorrow?" She asked and I nodded slightly while sliding a token into the pinball machine. "You guys doing anything special?"

"Um.." I started as I focused on the little ball moving throughout the machine. "I'm not sure but maybe just strolling to see the lights? Since it's snowing out here and shit, you know?" She nodded softly. "Dahlia's with her mom since she was with me for Halloween so.. just something baby friendly for the twins."

I squinted my eyes as I tried to keep the ball from dropping. "Ooh shit, you about to get the high score!" She said and I nodded quickly and pressed my fingers into the buttons like my life depended on it. "Go go go- yess!" I threw my arms up towards saweetie just when I got past the high score and I felt her hug me excitedly.

"I'm the goat!" I yelled with a laugh before realizing the position we were in. I looked down and she looked up, our eyes connecting for a silent moment before we simultaneously scattered back at the same time. I cleared my throat and glanced around to see only a bunch of kids around, no attention on us.