PT.2 C H A P T E R TWENTY-NINE

December 13th, Las Vegas

"What's this one mean?" Robyn asked from her straddled position on my lap. I looked down at the tattoo she pointed at on my right rib cage and smiled. "A Hawk?"

"Yea. When Jay turned sixteen he begged me to get him tattoo so I took him. We both love The Hawks so we got matching ink with our initials on the right wing."

She hummed and ran her finger over the wings which tickled a bit but I wasn't about to show that. Her fingers then danced over my abs before trailing over to my hip. "I don't even wanna know who's lips these are." She mumbled with a sigh at the red lips tattoo. "Especially if it's Aniya."

"It's not.. it was my first girlfriend. The one I told you about in high school." She scowled and pulled my sweats up slightly to cover it. "You jealous?"

Her eyes rolled. "Well no one kisses someone waist line and stops there so I know what happened next." I smirked as she huffed and crossed her arms. "Get it removed."

"What?" I said with a chuckle before resting my hands on the top of her thighs and drawing small circles around her exposed skin. "That shit hurts, hell nah. And it was a chapter in my life.. you know I can't take it off."

She groaned. "What was her name again?"

"Naomi Thomas." I mumbled and she eyed me when I smiled to myself so I quickly cleared my throat and shook my head. "I think.. something' like that."

"Yeah right." She slapped my chest and got serious. I could tell by her tone. "Do you still love her?"

What a loaded question. "Um.." I clicked my tongue before shrugging. "I don't know." Her head tilted in confusion. "I don't know if I loved her.. I was sixteen, seventeen. But I know what love is now and it's nothing compared to what I feel with you."

She hummed. "Nice save." I chuckled before raising up and sliding my arms around her waist, her hands resting on my shoulders. "I think you were always a romantic at heart. You just lost your way."

I nodded. "And you found me.. like a little lost puppy. Gave me a home," she giggled when I leaned forward and pressed a kiss to her jaw, trailing back after every sentence. "Some lovin'.. a lotta lovin' matter of fact." I kissed just below her ear before leaning back and smiling at her. "You know what's one thing I realize?"

"What?"

"You never saw me as lesser than." And it was true. Not once could I think of a time where she put herself above me or treated me like we were on different levels.. "Even when I had five hundred dollars to my name and an old ass Honda.. you always looked at me with equal eyes."

Her hands slid up from my shoulders to cup my face, her eyes holding mine warmly."Level isn't based on superficial value, Y/n. It's on mutual respect and maturity. It may have taken you a little bit to get to the level I saw you could reach but you were never below me and I'll never see you as anything other than my equal."

I could feel that simp ass flow of warmth running through me but fuck it. It felt fucking amazing.

"You don't know man.." I sighed out and tightened my arms around her before resting my head on her shoulder. "You don't know how happy I am I did that goddamn dance."

She laughed softly and kissed my head. "And I'm happy my fans know what I wanna see. We really got the Navy to thank for us meeting."

"Let me thank then then." I mumbled and pulled out my phone to type one tweet without seeing the replies.

@Y/n: I know I can be sarcastic as hell with y'all and I get on your nerves but shout out to the Navy. Got my queen cause y'all nosey, prying asses 🐍