C H A P T E R TWENTY-SEVEN

March 10th

-

"I just hold down the button?" I mumbled, staring at the screen as Robyn talked to me from the speaker. "Wait there's a filter.. how do I take that off?"

"I don't fucking know- Melissa!" She called loudly and I heard the footsteps of her best friend entering the room. "Y/nn is trying to do the insta story stuff, help her. You know I can't work shit."

"What do you need help with?" I explained to her that I was staring at myself with dog ears which looked ridiculous. "You see the little x at the bottom of the screen." I looked down and oohed when I clicked it, making the filter go away. "You and Rob are literally like goddamn eighty year olds."

I smacked my lips before fixing my hair. "Alright I gotta go do this takeover shit, later my nigga."

"Peace out homie." Robyn responded and I heard Melissa laugh under her breath. "Y'all are so weird-" She said just before the phone.

So, crazy shit. The first drop of Black Mecca sold out last week. And I mean.. completely. The website sold out, the stores sold out. I don't know what I was expecting but it most certainly wasn't that. The PR team with Tommy Hilfiger thought it'd be good for me to take over their account for the day, just to give them a 'day in the life' shit or whatever, I don't know.

Once I made sure I looked decent, I pressed my finger down on the button. "What's up y'all it's Y/n. I'm gonna be taking over the account today and showing y'all what I do on a day to day I guess. So.. yeaa, hope you enjoy." I ended the video and shook my head. "I hate this shit." I mumbled, typing my at on the story before posting it without looking at it back. I did not wanna watch myself talk.

I left my bedroom and went into my kitchen, propping the phone up and made sure my background was clean before doing the hands free video shit. "Alright so after getting ready for the day, I usually try to have a healthy breakfast because I am a terrible eater. I try to lay off the burgers but it's hard."

I lifted up a bowl of already cut fruits. "I drink a fruit smoothie with a scoop of protein and chia seeds every morning. Then I usually add that with some scrambled eggs but I'm on a time crunch so it's just gonna be a muffin today." I posted those videos and groaned to myself. This was going to be a long ass day.

-

"I just got out of the meeting with Virgil, a good friend of mine." I said to the camera while walking into a dance studio. "Although I just pushed out the spring line, we're already getting ready for the summer line and can I just say.." I shook my head with a chuckle. "I'm making swimming trunks guys and I think you'll love them."

I smiled when I heard four sets of laughter when I rounded the corner. I met with the Little Mix girls about three times after our initial meet and it was really just to get the foundation of the music video down. I wasn't the director (obviously) but I did help set the tone for how each character played a part. It was pretty damn dope and different for me.

"I'm not sure how much I can show here.." I knocked on the dressing room door and once I got the okay, I walked in and all the girls greeted me as they usually did. "Y/n!" I chuckled and turned my back to them with the phone in selfie mode. "Say what's up to Little Mix."

"Oi!" Leigh-Anne said and ducked out of the frame. "I don't want to show my outfit, Y/n!" I winced softly but she soon came back into frame with a robe on, her arm then draping over my shoulder as she smiled at the camera. "Hellooo."

A laugh left my lips at her sheepish, cute grin. "I can't say what we're doing but know it's very special annnd these girls are amazing." I looked down at Leigh who was still on my shoulder only to see her already looking back up at me. "Go get ready." I said with a chuckle and she giggled softly before pushing off my shoulder and skipping away. "I'm gonna go get to work. So, adios for now."