PT.3 C H A P T E R EIGHT

"Tell me about Power."

I smirked and looked down at her as she laid back against my chest while swirling her hands around in the bubble bath suds. "You know I'm not suppose to." Her hands stopped and she looked up at me with a knowing smile. "But I guess I can make an exception huh?"

"Yes." She mumbled and looked back forward. "Because you love me."

I hummed with a nod. Love was an understatement. "Well, my characters name is Scratch, it's a nickname but it's what I go by. I'm a DJ at the nightclub but also a drug dealer." She let out an 'Ooh' and I chuckled. "Yeah I know. Anyways, I end up going head to head with Tariq, you know, ghosts son?" She nodded. "Yeah, because he's trying to control everything."

"Okay so I think he shot Ghost. Do you know who shot Ghost?" I pursed my lips and looked away from her as she turned to look at me again. "Baby tell me."

I shook my head. "I'm just a guest star, they wouldn't give me that information." She hummed suspiciously while turning back around. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and pressed a kiss to her temple. "I love you, Robyn." I whispered and she rested her head on my shoulder, a smile gracing her lips. "Please never forget that."

I had to tell her.

I just needed a little more time. Just a little more embraces and love and her. I would tell her.. I would. Just let me feel her for a moment.

"We still need to talk some more." She said softly and I nodded in agreement. "I want you to know I truly never did anything with Hassan, nor did I think about doing anything." Go ahead, dig my grave deeper.. "I just.. I wanted to distract myself. I kept telling myself I would tell you and then the next week came, then the next week, I was frustrated with myself for being a coward."

"Why'd you smile with him though?" That was one thing I still couldn't seem to grasp. "When he called or texted you, instantly you smiled or looked more interested. Why?"

"I wasn't smiling because of him." She said with a soft chuckle. "I was happy with the project. Whenever we talked, it was nothing but business. I was hurting but.. the thought of helping those little kids in Malawi gave me the happiness I needed."

I hummed and nodded in understanding. Well, that was it. On her end it was lack of communication and that's all. On mine.. a complete asshole. I had to tell her. "Robyn I-"

"Wait before you say anything," she turned around fully and scooted back some to give herself leg room, but grabbed my hands to remain closeness. "I want you to know that I love you, okay? And I trust you with my entire heart.. I'm sorry for making you doubt us."

Shit.

I closed my eyes and sighed softly. Why was she making this harder than it already was? She didn't know but every word that she said just gutted me more and more. How was I suppose to tell her without wanting to jump off the Empire State Building after?

"So.. we'll get through this." I reopened my eyes to see her smiling at me warmly. "Together."

I nodded and accepted her kiss, the feeling now burning internally. I really did fuck up, didn't I?

"This water gettin' kinda cold, you ready to get out?" I nodded silently again and watched her raise out of the bath before grabbing a towel and tucking it securely around her. "Oh, I pushed my flight back by the way." She said over her shoulder. "I'm not ready to leave you just yet."

I hope she keeps that same energy..

After I changed into some cozy clothes, I slid on my shoes, knowing there was something I had to take care of. "You hungry?" I asked while grabbing a beanie and she nodded immediately from her spot on the couch. "I'm gonna pick up some food from that place you love, okay? I'll be right back."