PT.3 C H A P T E R SEVEN

A few days later
New York City
Y/n's POV

"Not that I expected us to make it to the playoffs though." I snorted at Dante's words when he huffed. "We suck. But I'm happy to be back in my own house."

"Yeah New York is pretty dope sometimes." I retorted, looking out at the city as we sat on the rooftop of my hotel, eating lunch.

"So what's been going on? How's life?" I cocked an eyebrow at him as I dipped my fries into the ketchup before dropping them into my mouth. "What? I can't ask about my best friend now?"

"It's a little weird but I mean.." I shrugged and leaned back in my seat. "I'm good bro. You?"

He nodded while picking up a napkin. "Good good. How are you and Robs?" Okay.. what did Melissa tell him? At my silence he sighed and crumbled the napkin up. "I heard you asked for a divorce bro.. the fuck happened? Last time I checked y'all were joined at the hip."

I shrugged again. "A lot." I said while pulling my phone out and looking down at my messages.

SweetTarts: Wyd 👀

Me: Nothin why?

SweetTarts: Come thru. Floor 5, room 509.

I smirked as I replied while answering to whatever the hell Dante was saying. "Shit happens, It's life."

"No, Robyn is your life. You told me that for three years straight so.. cut the bullshit." He snatched my phone and faced it down on the table. "Talk to me." When I went to get it back, and his eyes inevitably caught the screen. "Hold up.. Saweetie?"

"I have nothing to say, Dante." He frowned when I snatched my phone back. "Now chill. I came to hang with my best friend, not be questioned about that shit."

"That shit? Do you hear yourself or should I slap the shit outta you to make it make sense." I rolled my eyes when he sat up with a scowl. "This is your wife, the mother of your children. Not 'that shit', why you acting like this-"

"Because I can!" I hissed out through closed teeth, my jaw clenched. "I can do what I want and I don't need you babysitting me like we kids."

"Well you're acting like one." I raised up and grabbed my food container before staring to walk away, only for him to grab my bicep with a glare. "This ain't college, Y/n." I snatched my arm out of his grip with a scowl. "Grow the fuck up, you have a fucking family. Now you're cheating? The fuck is wrong with you?"

"Says the guy that cheated on his girl with another." He blinked slowly before taking a step back at my tone but did I lie? He can't bash me for doing shit that he did. That was hypocritical as fuck. "How'd you get Melissa, Dante? Huh? Was it faithfully?"

His head shook. "That's different i-"

"No. Lauren is a human being just like Melissa is. Have you even apologized to Lolo?" His eyes dropped. "Exactly.. now fucking move." I brushed his shoulder with mine roughly as I walked past him. "Hypocrite." I muttered with an angry huff.

Try to single me out like he ain't never- whatever man. I'm over it.

I ran a hand through my hair once I reached the door, followed by two knocks. The door opened with haste. "Hey," she said with a smile, stepping back to let me in. "Took you long enough."

"It wasn't even long." I dropped onto the bed with a huff, my eyes closing when she straddled my back, hands suddenly pressing into my shoulder blades. Goodness, I can't remember the last time I got a massage.