PT.2 C H A P T E R FORTY-FIVE

Robyn's POV

I leaned against the outside pillar as I watched Y/n sit on a blanket stretched out on the grass in our backyard. It has to be over ninety something and she was laying on the blanket.. with a book.

I knew this nigga wasn't just getting poetic out of nowhere. But a book? On a Sunday afternoon? We were having a taco Tuesday thing and a little game night with the family; Jay, Dante, and Calvin playing in her game room.

Yet she was here..

Not to mention, I left to get 'games' so it wasn't like I was keeping her from being with her boys. But what she didn't know was that I didn't go to the store at all..

I pushed off of the pillar and treaded into the grass, dying to tell her the news. "You're not hot?" I questioned and she raised her head slightly, smiling and lowering the book onto her chest when I stood above her.

"Nah, I took my shirt off." She waved the white T-shirt slightly before sliding it back under her head. "Do you need me to do something?" She asked softly and when I shook my head, her hand raised. "Come here." I kneeled down and she pulled me to sit between her legs, arms sliding around me with the book in view. "It's called Warm Bodies."

I hummed. "Sounds like a porno." She chuckled against the side of me before flipping the book over. "Is it not?"

"No. It's about zombies." I cocked my eyebrow as she started to explain. "A guy, his names R, lives in an airplane and he's a zombie but he meets this girl who's a human." Okay.. I see where this is going now. "And zombies can't feel, you know? But he has an instinct to protect this girl, he cares for her and goes out of his way to make sure she's safe. Problem is, her dads a zombie hunter so it gets crazy."

I grabbed the book and studied it with a slow nod. "So what happens at the end?" I felt her shrug before laying back on the blanket so I turned and folded my arms on her stomach, my chin resting on my hands. "Does he eat brains?"

"Mhm, but never around her." I cooed and she nodded. "Yeah it's real cute."

No.. you're real cute.

I smiled when she pushed a stray hair behind my ear. "Would you still love me if I became a zombie?"

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Of course." She mumbled. "Unless you try to eat me, that's when it's all headshots babyyy. No scope." I smacked my lips and leaned down to bite her. "Aye!" She pushed my head back and rubbed her stomach. "See? You already on that zombie shit. Don't make me get the glock, Robyn Fenty."

"You have no damn glock." I said and laid on my back with my arms outstretched above me. I started realizing that the sun actually did feel pretty good right now. Plus the breeze was hitting just right.. all that was missing was a damn blunt.

After a moment of silence, I felt her drop her heavy self on top of me and I groaned. "Move your ass." I huffed but she only made herself comfortable between my legs, head into my neck. "Big baby." I mumbled but lifted my hand and scratched her scalp. I couldn't help but laugh internally when I felt her smile against my neck. I really was raising four children.

"I'm gonna fall asleep." She mumbled.

"Better not." I said and closed my eyes as the wind picked up at the perfect time. Silence fell over us again, besides the sound of the leaves blowing in the wind. "Y/n?" She hummed and I smirked, deciding to just drop the bomb with no warning. "It's been six weeks." Her body froze for a moment before she quickly pushed up with raised eyebrows, head tilting. "I didn't go get games, I went to see Doctor Peters."

"So?" She rushed out and when she saw my silent smile, she shot up and pulled me with her. I laughed when she lifted me with ease and tossed me over her shoulder like I weighed nothing. "You might gotta cancel this game night boo." I jolted when she smacked my ass.