PT.2 C H A P T E R FORTY-THREE

"Y/nn stop fucking around." Robyn groaned but couldn't hold in her laugh as I pulled the gloves on my hands, and managed to stretch the extra large one over my head.

"Watch this shit yo." I mumbled and covered the openings around my head before pulling the glove over my nose. I then took in a few breath and exhale through my nostrils which slowly started to blow up the latex glove.

"Oh my God." She said and covered her mouth, watching me blow up the glove.

"Well you don't see this everyday." My eyes widened and I quickly snapped the glove off as the midwife walked in with a smile. "What's this huh?" She playfully snatched the glove before smacking me in the chest with it. "You're suppose to be focusing."

"That's the best friends job." I said and sat down on the chair, shoving the gloves into my pants. "Where Doctor Peters at? I'm not paying him to slack."

Catherine, the midwife, gave me a look as she checked something on the screen by Robyn's bed. "You're marrying this?" She said to Rob who shook her head with another soft laugh.

We've been known Catherine for a few weeks now, since we were preparing for the birth (not knowing it'd be this soon.) So it was obviously okay for her to joke around at a time like this. Not to mention we've been here for damn near six hours because Rob wasn't going above eight centimeters for a while.

I was almost out of my damn snacks.

"I'll be back soon, make sure you're keeping track of those contraction intervals." I gave her a thumbs up and leaned back in my chair.

I watched Mel lean over her bed and talk with her while I opened my bag of sour patch watermelons while playing on my switch. "Oh fuck.. me." My eyebrows raised when Rob's head dropped back on the pillow, her hand fisting the sheets. "Y/nn." She then mumbled so I quickly hopped up, trapping the bag of candy between my teeth as I approached her.

"I'm here." I said in a muffle and she looked up, her eyebrows furrowed before her hand suddenly snatched the candy and threw it across the room. I opened my mouth before biting my tongue almost immediately when Melissa gave me a look.

"Goddamn... candy." She grumbled, eyes squeezing shut and I looked back at it all sprawled over the floor with a frown. That was my last snack..

I rested my hand on the top of her head with a sigh before grabbing a napkin off of the desk and using it to dab at her sweating forehead.

"Good daddy." I raised my head, smiling when mama Monica and my mom walked through the doors.

"Daddy?" I questioned and hugged my mom first before hugging Monica as she nodded. "Only one person calls me daddy mama M.." Her eyebrows raised as I paused with a smirk. "And she's not my child."

"Disgusting." My mom said and shoved me slightly, Monica's head shaking as she caught on quickly. "How are you doing hun? Where are you at right now?"

The contraction let up as she raised her arms to hug them both. "I'm good. The nurse just gave me an epidural so I hope the pain will ease up soon. And I'm eight centimeters dilated."

"Oh wow, they almost ready yeah?" Monica said, rubbing her stomach with a smile.

I let them talk for a bit as I gravitated to my mom who raised her hands and fixed the collar of my jacket. "How are you daughter? Your ready to be a parent of three?" I made a face and shook my head, making a grin spread across her lips. "Well you better get ready fast."

"I wish you were here more. I feel like we don't talk as much." She nodded with a frown. "Move to LA mom, I'll buy you a house."

"Mm I don't know.. I don't think this city for me."