C H A P T E R F O U R

It took five days.

I groaned into my pillow when I heard rapid knocks at my front door, waking me from my good ass sleep. Glancing at my clock, it read three am which made me even more mad. Who the hell..

Raising up, I trudged to my front door and pulled it open to see who was on the other side and it suddenly made sense.

Aniya was playing with her fingers, her eyes sad but hopeful that I'd let her in. I ran my eyes down her body that was clad in sweats and my hoodie, then back up to the dark circles under her red eyes. I simply backed away from the open door and walked back to my bedroom, hearing the door close behind me.

Sliding into my bed, I held the covers up when she walked into my room and she quickly kicked off her shoes before getting in. Her arms wrapped around me instantly when her body cuddled up to mine, her head falling into the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry," I heard her mumbled against my skin. "I.. I don't know what I did to make you so angry, or so mean to me that day." I raised my hand to her hair and lightly scratched her scalp when I felt something wet touch my skin. "I just wish you'd talk to me."

I sighed and lifted her head up to see tears steaming down her face. Jesus Christ.. "Stop crying." I whispered, brushing her tears away with my thumbs. "Please?" She closed her eyes and nodded before using the sleeve of the hoodie to wipe her own face. "Ni I.." I clenched my jaw and exhaled through my nose sharply. "I don't talk about my feelings, that's not something we do."

She silently laid her head back on my chest while I talked. "You're.. different, okay? I should have been left you alone but I can't and I don't know why."

"It's because you don't know what love is, Y/n." She sat up and I watched her now sit next to me, her hand resting in my cheek. "Let me give you love.. I can change that for you."

I raised my hand and held hers that was on my face, a somber smile crossing my lips. "You can't change me, Aniya.. it's not possible-"

"Sh-no." She pressed her finger to my lips and shook her head. "Don't say it, anything's possible." Her eyes started to well up with tears again but she quickly blinked them away, giving me a forced smile. "We'll be fine.. just let me try."

"I-" Before I could mutter another word, her lips were in mine and her body straddling me.

"Have you been with any other girls?" She whispered against my lips and I shook my head, making her smile against my lips. "See?" She sniffed and pecked my forehead. "We're already on a good track."

I stared up at her silently, not feeling nearly an ounce of the emotion she was trying to evoke. Yes, I cared about her.. but not in the way she wanted me to. I could tell by how my heart wasn't aching at the sight of her tears eyes. Maybe that did make me an asshole.. but I felt nothing.

Pulling her off of my lap, I rolled onto my stomach with a sigh, closing my eyes and trying to will myself that she wasn't here. Because the more I heard her sniff, the more I could feel her sadness penetrate me. And I didn't want that.

-

"Y/ln." I looked up at my coach as I pulled off my helmet with a nod. "You were late today." I pursed my lips and looked behind me, making him sigh. "Something going on? It's the third time in a row."

"Um.." My eyes raised and I saw Dante untying his cleats while looking in our direction. "I just had to get some extra work done." He nodded me to continue. "For class."

"Okay I understand that. Do you need a tutor?"

I hummed and shook my head. "No it's um.. it's dancing class." His eyebrows furrowed at my words and I realized the hole I was digging. "Like, an elective."